Blast from the past! AxeFx 1G

PacoCasanovasOld

Fractal Fanatic
Since I'm not allowed to post any links under my new Casanoverdrive135 account, I use my old account! Here is a little demo what a AxeFx Standard (1Gen) unit can do in 2018/2019 regarding touch sensitive overdrive tone! It's funny how close you can get with a 1G unit, even with a long before Quantum firmware and a stock cabinet IR (Hi-Res) - all what you need is two ears and passion for tone!

Clip:

Patch: (warning - AxeFx Standard 1Generation, Fw. 11.00)

http://www.casanovasolutions.ch/WoolyCasanoverdrive.syx.zip

PS: I'm posting this here to gain more attention than I would when posting in the Std/Ultra section (most people wouldn't read just because the unit is so old and technology is outdated.....)

Beautiful tone! Sounds like your Tele is fitted with humbuckers?

Also goes to show how much tone comes from your fingers/style of playing.

Hey Paco!
Welcome back. Best place to post this I think would be in Axe FX recordings. But regardless, nice tone, nice touch and nice playing!

@shatteredsquare: I hope so.....it should sound more like an amplifier and not like a digital modeling device ;-) which it is, physically spoken. It's a first gen AxeFx, not the newest unit in class with most accurate firmware. But my main goal was always to get the most out of it, try some workarounds to get the tone instead of believing technology will do it for me by just clicking on it.... cheers!

Back
Top Bottom