Blankenship Leeds, anyone?

wembley

Inspired
What a great update! And thanks for the work with the new presets -- really great sounding and nice combinations of amps and cabs. Being a Marshall kind of guy, I must really say that each and every marshally amp sounds incredible after this update. But what really caught me was the Blank(e)nship Leeds. Man!!! The juiciest, chimiest, most sparkling thing I've played in a long time. Really reminds me of (if not exceeds) the feel of my Blankenship Variplex cranked.

Also: What really pleases me is that the cab IRs really shine after this update -- I settled on a couple of favourites in v. 5 (and on my Ultra before that), but after this update, I find it hard to choose between many of the cabs, which wasn't always the case.

I'd never heard of that amp, let alone the company, until it was mentioned here that it was forthcoming in 6.0 lol.

I checked out the amp on the web, and played the sim last night and setup a patch with it; I too found it had it's own personality and sang nicely...I definitely was digging it.

I hear ya about the cabs now in 6.0; I've found some different combinations of cabs/amp that I like that didn't in pre 6.0.

Which cab do you guys like with the Leeds?

I didn't save the preset but I remember it was a new combination of two cabs I generally didn't use pre v6.0; I think it was a 4x12 Uber T75 RW and a 4x12 Basketweave G12H30 RW stereo cab, no mics, both panned to 0, levels 0.

I found the amp dark-ish in general and the brighter 4x12's worked well with it.

Nice amp sim .
I tried it through Power-Amp and real-cabs. I had to increase high cut and decrease bass to make it more compact , so to speak.
Played it for hours. I feels very VOXy to me. Real fun to play. A very expressive amp that cleans up in a very pleasent way.

I think the cabs used in the preset sound great, but I changed to 2x g12h30 (4x12) for a bigger more of a hard rock sound (other cab combinations sound great too, depending on what you're after). Same mic combination as with the preset, one u87 and one r121, and same panning. Sounds darkish, yes, but still with a bite, cleans up very well, and can go from an almost ac15-ish sound to cranked old marshall just with guitar volume and the boost engaged.

Really dig how the different cabinets all of a sudden sound great, wich in my opinion wasn't the case pre 6.0.

I think the cabs used in the preset sound great, but I changed to 2x g12h30 (4x12) for a bigger more of a hard rock sound (other cab combinations sound great too, depending on what you're after). Same mic combination as with the preset, one u87 and one r121, and same panning. Sounds darkish, yes, but still with a bite, cleans up very well, and can go from an almost ac15-ish sound to cranked old marshall just with guitar volume and the boost engaged.

Really dig how the different cabinets all of a sudden sound great, wich in my opinion wasn't the case pre 6.0.

Yes !
I thought the IR´s were the same. Maybe the new ampsim-;)character is causing the nice cab-sim-experience ?

Dweezil Zappa (who I believe was the impetus for the Blankenship amp model) used to run his Leeds head through a 2x12 with a pair of Celestion Vintage 30s.

Back
Top Bottom