Blank scribble script - Any easy fix?

blaggers

Power User
Just update the FC6 firmware and I now have a blank scribble script in all layouts (doesn't even show --- at boot). Has anyone else had a blank scribble script issue? was it easy to solve, or will I need to send back to G66? Cheers.

1578768955953.png

I'm bumping this old thread because I'm having the same issue, with the same mini display. My FM3 and FC6 just arrived today, and the top left mini display was blank from the first startup.

I went through this entire subform to see if this has happened to others and been resolved, which led me to this thread.

The FM3 arrived with FW 3,02 installed, the FC6 has 1.11.

The first thing I did, even though everything just came out of the box, was to do a full restore to default. No dice.

Next, I downloaded 4.0 beta 5 and installed it. No dice.

Re-installed 4.0 B5, and again nothing. Cycled through a few power ups just to be sure, and on one occasion I did get the blue box with three dashes in it, but it reverted right back to blank.

Downloaded 1.11 for the FC and reinstalled that. No dice.

Downloaded 4.0 B5 a second time and installed it, just in case the first D/L was wonky, but again nothing.

Tried implementing layout 2 instead of 1, nothing.

Downloaded and installed the OMG9 layout, still nothing.

The switch functions normally and the LED ring is lit, it's just that one mini display refuses to cooperate.

Any ideas that I have missed would be most appreciated at this point.

Hate to say it, but call support.

That's pretty much what I was figuring. And it's Friday night, so that will wait until Monday morning.

Honestly, I'm rather impressed with myself being able to get this far without any catastrophic issues-I'm just good enough with computers to stay one wave ahead of a shipwreck, but on an off day I could brick an Atari 2600.

To summarise this - the blank scribble strip was a hardware issue. I had to send it back to G66 for a repair.

Thank you for the responses. It was indeed a minor hardware issue. The box had a bit of a squished corner when it arrived, so it appears that it took a bounce in shipping. Because it worked intermittently, I figured it was probably just a connection got jolted inside. I gave the ribbon connectors a firm push to make sure they were seated and it has been working fine since then.

Back
Top Bottom