Blame Canada (Post)? - AXE FX II Shipping to Canada - Definitive Answers Thread

Are you in Canada and wanting to order an Axe-Fx II?

• Total voters
Today I drove all day to go pick mine up over the border. So Canadian shipping ought to be announced any minute now.

;)

Couldn't wait for Canadian shipping to finalize. I put my order through today and will be picking it up across the border.

Can anybody give me a walkthrough of the steps they did to get it shipped to the UPS across the border? I'm assuming my coupon will be arriving within the next couple weeks comparing to people who were on the waiting list at the same time as me, and I do not want to wait. I live in the GTA, 40 minutes from Toronto, just wondering if anybody from a similar location has went through this process. Will I have to call the UPS location to confirm that they'll be receiving a package for pickup? Obviously I'll have to add the UPS location to my CC as previously stated, just wondering if I'm missing any major steps which will result in me losing my opportunity at my II :( haha

I've also heard from a band in my area who went to pick up directly from Fractal that CDN shipping is like LITERALLY around the corner and to wait it out... but I don't know if I want to (or can) contain myself!

The first thing I did was call the specific UPS store that I was shipping to and found out what their requirements were for the delivery. They asked me to have the package shipped to their address, but said to put my name as the recipient. They also asked me include a Unit code in the shipping address to indicate to them once they received the package that I would be coming to pick it up. They said that they would hold on to the package for 20 days and that there would be a $10 surcharge for holding the package.

I'll be getting mine on Saturday. Can't wait :)
I will also have a a nice new (lightly used) MFC-101 to go with it.

Great! A couple questions:

* How do you know when the package is received by the UPS location?
* What is a "Unit code"?
* What UPS store did you use? I see you're in London, so it would make sense for me to go to the same one

Thanks! :)

Great! A couple questions:

* How do you know when the package is received by the UPS location?
* What is a "Unit code"?
* What UPS store did you use? I see you're in London, so it would make sense for me to go to the same one

Thanks! :)

1) Fractal provides a tracking number that allows you to see when UPS receives the package. They also ask that you call before you pick it up to make sure they have it.
2) The unit code I was given was ZZ. Although, you may want to confirm this with whichever UPS store you are using. Include the Unit code in the shipping address. ie. "Unit ZZ"
3) I used a UPS store in Port Huron which is as close as possible to the border. The UPS Store - PORT HURON, MI - Home

Hey guys, same thing over here, received my coupon this morning @ 11h07, filled the order, and bam! no shipping to Canada -.-'.
Could someone from Fractal please come over here and give us an update?! Cliff, anyone? Would really be appreciated.

Hi: Got my coupon and am wondering if Canadian shipping is active yet for AxeFxII. The FAS website indicates shipping to US and Canada with the US and Canadian flags there but I don't think Canadian shpping is available yet since I know others are waiting for it and I have not seen any posts indicating that Canadian shipping is now active. Does anyone know how I can tell if it's actually active?? I don't want to post an order until it's actually able to ship to Canada. As I understand it if shipping is not available for a while longer I can renew my coupon code every 30 days.

Have it delivered to the closest ups store and drive over the border
and pick it up it was so easy.
I was in and out of the states in 20 minutes

Does anyone know how I can tell if it's actually active??.
Go to the Fractal Store and add an AxeFX II to your cart. Select "Canada", your province and put in the postal code. When you tell it to recalculate shipping costs you'll see an error message indicating that shipping to Canada is not available.

As I understand it if shipping is not available for a while longer I can renew my coupon code every 30 days.
Yes, you can contact Fractal and receive a new coupon code.

Terry.

Go to the Fractal Store and add an AxeFX II to your cart. Select "Canada", your province and put in the postal code. When you tell it to recalculate shipping costs you'll see an error message indicating that shipping to Canada is not available.

Yes, you can contact Fractal and receive a new coupon code.

Terry.

Thankyou Terry

Any update? I've been on the wait list for 5 months, just got my code today, and I'd really like to just have it shipped to my house instead of driving to the border (to more than likely have an abundance of problems).

Feel for you guys.. wow, can't believe this is still the situation.

I made the border run for mine back in Sept, long drive but the process was simple enough.

see above...I don't want to cross the border after a long drive to pick up my unit...I just want to sit and wait for the CANADA POST dude to come by and deliver the AXE. Cliff - Can I take care of the shipping?? Can it be sent POSTAL? That would save a ton of money on high ups fees. It just seems like such a silly hiccup for such a widely successful product/company. Cliff, you can make some serious code that makes some wonderful sounds but you need a shipper guy/gal who can deal with claims for any broken during shipment units! And really...we are supposed to be free trade coutries...help a brother out.

Back
Top Bottom