Blackglass 7K Issue with Cygnus : no sound

J3rkosaure

Hello there.

I've been using a preset for metal bass since almost a year and it was fine by now. But since I upgraded the Axe to 16.02, I'm having a weird issue with the blackglass. When it's on, it's like almost no sound is coming out of it. It really fucked up my preset, and I need it sooo badly.
Am I the only one with this issue here?

Attachments

• Kozoria - Metal Bass I.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 2
Hello there.

I've been using a preset for metal bass since almost a year and it was fine by now. But since I upgraded the Axe to 16.02, I'm having a weird issue with the blackglass. When it's on, it's like almost no sound is coming out of it. It really fucked up my preset, and I need it sooo badly.
Am I the only one with this issue here?
I started making bass tones recently and wondered if the B7K was broken as the level of volume/distortion it puts out is next to none... Curious about this too

The level of the effect has to be maxed out to get to unity IME. Otherwise it seems ok, but the effect should be fixed to have more output available.

Matches the real pedal. Real pedal has very low output. Don't know why they did it that way.
Unless this sample of the pedal you obtained is also broken... just like the last one. :rolleyes: Sounds like their QC or component selection is not the best from what reputation the pedal has.

The level of the effect has to be maxed out to get to unity IME. Otherwise it seems ok, but the effect should be fixed to have more output available.
Yeah but, It worked perfectly fine for me until then..... what did they changed in the 16.02, it fucked the whole thing up :(

Yeah but, It worked perfectly fine for me until then..... what did they changed in the 16.02, it fucked the whole thing up :(

Hahahah a lot of us found it unusable before it was updated. It had this nasty, harsh midrange and was brutally thin.

Just turn up the level, or as the Goat from the Adam Sandler CD says, “Crank it up, fuckers!”

I find the current version of the b7k more usable. If I need more volume, I'll plop a volume block after it. I can only see problems with doing this on the fm3 since all blocks are more expensive (but volume isn't very CPU intensive on either so not a big deal for me).

Here is a clip comparing Cygnus 16.02 B7K to a real B7K (very early version)

Axe FX III for amp and cabs.
The order is: Clean; Real B7K then Virtual B7K, swapping back and forth.

Settings:
Real B7K: Blend max. Drive 11:00. Grunt: fat. Attack: flat. All else (including level): noon.
Virtual B7K: Blend max. Drive 6.50. Level: max. All else flat.

The real B7K has a ton more output. Unity is around noon. If maxed, it clips the input of the AFXIII.

Virtual B7K sounds very good! I think. This is how I like the real B7K set, and the AFX sounds the same to me. Just must max the level.

Here is a clip comparing Cygnus 16.02 B7K to a real B7K (very early version)

Axe FX III for amp and cabs.
The order is: Clean; Real B7K then Virtual B7K, swapping back and forth.

Settings:
Real B7K: Blend max. Drive 11:00. Grunt: fat. Attack: flat. All else (including level): noon.
Virtual B7K: Blend max. Drive 6.50. Level: max. All else flat.

The real B7K has a ton more output. Unity is around noon. If maxed, it clips the input of the AFXIII.

Virtual B7K sounds very good! I think. This is how I like the real B7K set, and the AFX sounds the same to me. Just must max the level.

They must've changed the design because mine doesn't behave this way.

Back
Top Bottom