Blackface, Tele, Trem

merlin17

Power User
Hi!

This is not meant as a showcase, but we did some recordings for a local Musical in the last days and this is a nice example for a nice sound out of the Ultra (V9) IMO.
It's my Suhr Classic-T into the Axe, Blackface sim with very little adjustments and a Tremolo block.
Cab sim is made with a SM57 of a 1*12" cabinet with a JBL E-120. Direct out of out2 via a Radial DI into an Amek 9098 mic-pre/ EQ (flat) into a Digi 192 I/O.
I added some delay and reverb in ProTools (could have done that in the Axe, too).

Here it is:
http://public.me.com/peterduemmler/de/
folder AxeFX - Schlaflied.mp3

I hope you like it.

Very classy, and what a great recording.

I just jumped from 8.02 to 9.00, and I'm blown away. It was nice to listen to this as I "wound down". :D

Thanks for posting.

Terry.

Wow that sounds awesome, thanks for sharing! I love the entire tune, very chilled, I love that kind of music!

Oh yeah and if you find the heart could you share that IR?

Many thanks

Spence

[attachment=0:2p9sr8nw]JBL-E120-Kunz-open-SM57-onAxis-closetocap-MDW2_dc.syx[/attachment:2p9sr8nw]

Here's the IR.

That's from a pretty large open backed custom 1*12" cab (a friend of mine builds them - Kunz Custom Cabinets) with a JBL E-120. Miked close to the cap with a SM57. I EQ'd the IR a bit with a MDW-EQ, it might be a bit too trebly for high-gain sounds... It was done with a sweep from Voxengo Deconvolver BTW.

Try it and if you like and use it post some clips!

Cool! The guitar tone fits perfectly into the mix. Pro production as well.

Mal sehen, ob meine kleine Tochter (20 Monate) den Song als Schlaflied anerkennt, aber mögen wird sie ihn mit Sicherheit!

Thanx everybody for the kind comments!

For those interested, here's another one of the same session.

The same directory as the first one (see first post), file "Flut.mp3".

This is obviously NOT a Blackface/ Trem (AFAIR it's an Ueberschall), but still the same Tele and a Flanger on the left (lead) guitar. ;-)

(BTW: Drums/ Bass/ Keyboards were recorded together in one take, guitars are overdubbed as I also did the recording and I don't like to concentrate on two things at once. There are two more songs and all of them are used as backing tracks in a Musical that's shown in Koblenz/ Germany at the moment. Everything is written by the keyboard player - who also thinks about buying an AxeFX for his Rhodes and as an effects box - and produced by him and me).

merlin17 said:
Thanx everybody for the kind comments!

For those interested, here's another one of the same session.

The same directory as the first one (see first post), file "Flut.mp3".
Cool. . . . thanks Merlin.

Terry.

Back
Top Bottom