Black Strat on the auction block

Ironic thing about that guitar is that if many a typical internet guitar forum buyer, aka TGP’r, got a guitar like that they’d throw a fit and start a thread about how much is “wrong” with it....

Non-original neck, non original pickguard, pickups, poorly patched body, etc etc. They’d totally want a refund from EBay or Reverb over it!

Yet, because same guitar belonged to DG, it’s worth a few million lol.....

So weird right ?

I dent my guitar, wear down my frets, swap tuners etc and I’ve got a worthless partscaster.... DG, SRV etc wear out a guitar and it becomes priceless and unique ?

Guitars are tools, to be used and customized to one's liking. Not placing up no a wall.

And if they are used they will get scratches and dings.

Looks like it has potential. Add some locking tuners, a graphite nut, flatten the fingerboard, install stainless frets, noiseless pickups and touch up the paint!

Black%20Strat%20Gloves%20650.jpg

Owner of the Indianapolis Colts bought it along with the Wish You Were Here acoustic guitar and the guitar case for the black strat. Shelled out over $5 million.

I bid the black strat up to 3.95 mill but then remembered I already have a strat.

The bloke from Christies who put up those 'expected prices' needs to brush up his act.

Owner of the Indianapolis Colts bought it along with the Wish You Were Here acoustic guitar and the guitar case for the black strat. Shelled out over $5 million.

Now that I think about it, that’s not surprising Irsay has a history of grabbing unique instruments.

Now the question becomes what becomes the next sought after star guitars at auction.

Framptons les paul?

Or what iconic guitar would go highest:

SRV no 1
EVH Frankenstein
Jimmy page 1275 or no 2 LP.
McCartney Hofner bass.

Any of those might give the black strat a run for the Money, and Irsay would be all over any of them.

Back
Top Bottom