Black Sabbath - Fairies Wear Boots

bishop5150

Fractal Fanatic
Here is the preset I use for Fairies Wear Boots in my Ozzy tribute band.

Scene 1- Rhythm
Scene 2 - Louder rhythm with a slight delay (for the riff right before the solo and outro solo. Or you can use it for the opening solo after the intro riff as well.
Scene 3- The opening palm muted riff with the delay. There is a Scene Controller on the input gain and MV for this scene so you don't have to lower the guitar volume for the opening riff and then raise it again for the solo section after. (If you'd rather lower the guitar volume for this riff you can use Scene 5 and lower the guitar volume instead.)
Scene 4- I use this for the lead section right after the opening riff but you could use Scene 2 as well if you prefer less delay on it.
Scene 5- I use this for the middle lead in the song and the outro repeating riff.

FYI there is a Scene Controller on the Input Gain and Master Volume for Scene #3 to lower the gain and raise the master volume just a bit for the intro riff. Not sure if scene controller parameters transfer over or not.

If you have any questions just let me know.
Here is the video of me using it at practice for reference.

Attachments

• Fairies Wear Boots.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
FYI I updated the preset. Made a few EQ adjustments. Rolled off some low end and some highs and turned up the mids a bit.

Scene 1- Rhythm
Scene 2 - Louder rhythm with a slight delay (for the riff right before the solo and outro solo. Or you can use it for the opening solo after the intro riff as well.
Scene 3- The opening palm muted riff with the delay. There is a Scene Controller on the input gain and MV for this scene so you don't have to lower the guitar volume for the opening riff and then raise it again for the solo section after. (If you'd rather lower the guitar volume for this riff you can use Scene 5 and lower the guitar volume instead.)
Scene 4- I use this for the lead section right after the opening riff but you could use Scene 2 as well if you prefer less delay on it.
Scene 5- I use this for the middle lead in the song and the outro repeating riff.

All the delays are ducking delays.

Love your presets! Awesome that you share. Your singer is better than Ozzy!

Thanks man. Glad you enjoyed it! Had a guy on YouTube say our singer sounds nothing like Ozzy. Can't please everyone I guess.

Thanks man. Glad you enjoyed it! Had a guy on YouTube say our singer sounds nothing like Ozzy. Can't please everyone I guess.
People suck! In those live videos he even had all the mannerisms down. The way he moved his hands and brushing his hair out of his face, all his movements. He nails it! Your playings not bad either man!

People suck! In those live videos he even had all the mannerisms down. The way he moved his hands and brushing his hair out of his face, all his movements. He nails it! Your playings not bad either man!
Ya, you can't please everyone I guess right? Appreciate the kind words.

Great video, man you make it look easy! Thanks for posting the preset, I'm looking forward to trying one that was built for the ASM-12. Hope I can try it tomorrow before we split for the holiday weekend. And I think your singer nails the Ozzy vibe.

I just saw Sabbath last week and started to learn this song today. Your preset will come in very handy. Thanks so much for sharing.

You guys sound great in the video. No complaints about the singer from me. At this stage, he sounds a lot better that Ozzy...

I listened to this clip elsewhere when you posted it and dug the heck out it. Now I can load up the preset in just...a...few...more...days :eek:

Thanks for sharing! \m/

Scene 1- Rhythm

FYI there is a Scene Controller on the Input Gain and Master Volume for Scene #3 to lower the gain and raise the master volume just a bit for the intro riff. Not sure if scene controller parameters transfer over or not.

Love your video e Your presets are the basis for starting to build my preset!Thanks for sharing!

Back
Top Bottom