Tonemeister

Experienced
Tribute to my favorite singer. RIP Chris. Played all guitars and bass through Axe Fx II. Drums with a Zendrum controller and BFD3. I prefer to tone match by ear so allsounds were gotten the old fashioned way.

gallery_soundgarden-superunknown-reissue-cover-art.jpg

Last edited:
Best cover I've heard here because you're doing everything, which is very rare, as is doing everything by ear.

Fellow forum members: this is what an excellent ear can accomplish (along with great pipes and close attention to everything)

Best cover I've heard here because you're doing everything, which is very rare, as is doing everything by ear.

Fellow forum members: this is what an excellent ear can accomplish (along with great pipes and close attention to everything)
Wow. Thanks for that. I like to do this type of thing from time to time to sharpen my listening skills. I went down to the tiniest detail in the drum sound especially. I think if you put up the original next to this cover and A/B them you will hear what I mean. The guitar playing is not difficult so for me it was more about the sounds. I'm an audio mixer by trade so I better be able to figure out how to dissect a sound and figure out how to reproduce it. The guitar solo is just insane. It is seemingly random but after listening to it a million times I could find the phrasing in there. This was the most fun I've had in a long time making music , even though it was just a cover.

Anyone know why the SoundCloud link doesn't embed and play right from the OP? I've done this before and it worked. Here it just displays the link.

Last edited:
Just pure awesome.

Any chance you might be sharing the presets you used? Or more hints on what you dialed in?
I will definitely geek out and explain the process more as soon as I can

Just
And you did the bass on the Axe?
yes. I play an unorthodox instrument called a WARR guitar.
2126533782_09e360a9e4_b.jpg
It's a touch style bass but can be played like a traditional bass. I reamped it in the studio while mixing though to get a distorted tone on the Choruses. Only did that because I didn't have the AxeFx at the studio and when I was tracking the bass parts I just didn't hear the distorted bass tone.

Last edited:
Wow, that is the craziest bass I've ever seen!

Thanks for any hints or anything on the sound you got for this!

Thanks,
Brandon

Back
Top Bottom