Black Friday? Our BLACK NOVEMBER Sale is on now...

Man, I made it thru November without ordering... how am I gonna get thru another month? Had been considering an Axe-FX-II and MFC-101 to move up from my FX8/TC50 rig. I like the amp/FX8 sounds, but even more effects routing for the live rig, and to have the option for recording direct is a definite temptation. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

How does the new Axe-FX II XL+ I/O compare to the FX8 Mk I as far as noise floor and transparency when you go with 4-cable method on a real amp?

And for the doomed European customers ? :(:(:(
Honestly, I'm interrested by an AX8 to complete/replace my Axe-II but in Europe AX8 is twice the price of an Helix LT, to get an idea...

How can you compare the prices of an AX8 and A Helix LT?
That makes absolutely no sence IMO. Kind of like comparing a Porche with a Ford.

[Sorry not the point of this topic] It was true during the previous Line 6 generation but much less now. I've tested Helix Native (with my Axe-II as soundcard ^^) trial and, yes it can deliver really great sounds even if i prefer the Axe. So, I know, I tested both. But, sometimes, the lack of consideration for the European buyers (no sales, nothing and locked to only one distributor -which is doing a great job, G66 guys are really awesome-...) make me wants to try something else. As a customer, not buying is the only way I have to show my disappointment.

And for the doomed European customers ? :(:(:(
Honestly, I'm interrested by an AX8 to complete/replace my Axe-II but in Europe AX8 is twice the price of an Helix LT, to get an idea...

I see your point, customers in Hong Kong are doomed as well, even if I got US friends they have no credit cards or they just don't want to take a photo with their passport... wtf is wrong with fractal?

I see your point, customers in Hong Kong are doomed as well, even if I got US friends they have no credit cards or they just don't want to take a photo with their passport... wtf is wrong with fractal?

Wow.

Interesting reaction.

I'm sure Fractal Audio would be interested in seeing your analysis and plan for making all of the economics work out to yours and their satisfaction.

^^^^ ditto

Must admit that after buying my XL+ 9/24/17 I am somewhat dismayed to see the 20%+ price reductions so soon after plunging in. In a purely monetary sense that’s hard to classify as a “good investment”, especially for a relatively high-end product in a direct supply chain (no rep/dealer margins to consider, which would probably make this a $3K Box on The Street).

That said, after 40+ years is the pro audio biz I think there comes a point where you simply have to trust (hope?) that a manufacturer has a solid business plan that will enable them to still “be here” to support and grow their product line in the manner they choose.

It’s pretty hard to fault the level of support (and usable performance upgrades and “free” support software) that FAS provides on a regular basis, so I’m choosing to look at the purchase price more like an admission fee into a really cool community -
at least until the Axe FX III “monetarily obsoletes” my XL+...

I wonder what the final tally of sold units (AX8 + AXE/FX) will be for November and December? I would think it has to be 4 digits. When I ordered my AX8 a couple of days ago they said shipping might not be same day due to demand, although it shipped the very next morning. Great deal on the AX8 - Killer deal on the AXE/FX. Been waiting/saving for 2 years. Can't wait.

Must admit that after buying my XL+ 9/24/17 I am somewhat dismayed to see the 20%+ price reductions so soon after plunging in. In a purely monetary sense that’s hard to classify as a “good investment”, especially for a relatively high-end product in a direct supply chain (no rep/dealer margins to consider, which would probably make this a $3K Box on The Street).

I understand where you're coming from but I wouldn't be able to pin that on Fractal. Black Friday and Cyber week sales are common. On the bright side, it's not a permanent price drop so your unit won't loose lose resale value.

That said, after 40+ years is the pro audio biz I think there comes a point where you simply have to trust (hope?) that a manufacturer has a solid business plan that will enable them to still “be here” to support and grow their product line in the manner they choose.

It’s pretty hard to fault the level of support (and usable performance upgrades and “free” support software) that FAS provides on a regular basis, so I’m choosing to look at the purchase price more like an admission fee into a really cool community - at least until the Axe FX III “monetarily obsoletes” my XL+...

I agree. As a company they are hard to beat. I've been a user since late 2008 and haven't been disappointed. I took advantage of the sale and upgraded my Axe MkI and MFC MkII to the XL+ and MFCIII because the Axe II MkI's are nearing the end of their firmware upgradability (unless Cliff has another epiphany). I'm nearing 9 years with Fractal and this is my 2nd upgrade. Started with an Ultra > Axe II > Axe II XL+. Not bad. Especially considering the good resale values on used units.

It’s pretty hard to fault the level of support (and usable performance upgrades and “free” support software) that FAS provides on a regular basis, so I’m choosing to look at the purchase price more like an admission fee into a really cool community -
at least until the Axe FX III “monetarily obsoletes” my XL+...

New firmware release yesterday – reaching back to the original AxeFx-I. Just one more example of what I was saying a few days ago. What a great product – and a great company with an incredible user group!

Back
Top Bottom