• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Black Crowes, Slash, and Joe Satriani in a blender (but less bloody)

barhrecords

Axe-Master
I've found that the mastering process brings up the highs and presence of a mix. So I dial up a tone, record it, and listen to it back ensuring that the mastering plugin (Ozone 4 in my case) is operating on the master mix track so I hear can what that tone actually will sound like on the final track. The Ozone settings will always vary slightly from when I start to when I finish but the settings are usually close enough to give me a general idea.

So that's probably why the dry tones sound a bit darker than the finished product.
That is a good way to *glue* the entire mix vs. individual tracks.

I don't have to de-ess lead vox or high hats, so I feel like I'm way shy about boosting highs.

Richard

voojo

New here
Man what a killer sounding clip! Great playing as well. Just stumbled across this while searching for Black Crowes stuff. I need to get an AxeFX again!

AdamCook

Forum Addict
Thanks guys. I think I'm going to do a play through video for this one soon. It will lend itself to the creamy vintagey goodness that is FW 10.0 quite well. ;).

Stringtheorist

Fractal Fanatic
Awesome work. As someone who has been constantly frustrated trying to create an authentic Slash tone, I'd say you pretty much nailed it. Would love to see your presets, and a video guide to dialling in would be very useful.

jamn4jc

Veteran
Sounds awesome and is the "full" sound that I have been chasing. Presets and video are of very high interest.

lauke-lux

Forum Addict
Great sound & playing, indeed feels closer to slash than the others. For my part I'd love to tweak around a bit with the patches on V10 thatI'll install tonight. Are they already on Axechange ?
Thanks & keep on rockin' !

Top Bottom