BKP The Juggernauts on an Ibanez RG Basswood body ?

Hyper Planet

Power User
Hey fellers,
anyone has an experience about the Juggernauts pickups with an Ibanez RG model basswood body ? if yes, how does it sound ? has it got a good balance with this body wood ?

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:
In case you didn't already know: Basswood tends to be on the lightweight-side of the tonewoods and is also soft (easier to dent). It tends to emphasise the mid-range. However, always remember that two pieces of wood can never be the same, even if used on the same guitar-model (unless someone invented wood-cloning), so you might use my advice rather as a guideline than as an overallv valid assumption.

I noticed that the Axe Palace replied in that thread. That's where I usually get my BKP's and he definitely knows what he's talking about. I generally email or call when I'm looking for pickups and he hasn't failed to give good advice yet. Plus his prices are at least as good an any other distributor I've found in the U.S.

I have two sets installed in different style guitars, (Alnico Nailbombs and Emeralds in Mahogany) a third setting awaiting installation (Holy Divers with an Irish Tour single in the middle in a Swamp Ash Strat), and a fourth set ordered (Ceramic Warpigs in Alder) for my drop-tuned metal guitar. (None are basswood, so I don't have any recommendation on that, except for to give him a call. LOL)

I noticed that the Axe Palace replied in that thread. That's where I usually get my BKP's and he definitely knows what he's talking about. I generally email or call when I'm looking for pickups and he hasn't failed to give good advice yet. Plus his prices are at least as good an any other distributor I've found in the U.S.

I have two sets installed in different style guitars, (Alnico Nailbombs and Emeralds in Mahogany) a third setting awaiting installation (Holy Divers with an Irish Tour single in the middle in a Swamp Ash Strat), and a fourth set ordered (Ceramic Warpigs in Alder) for my drop-tuned metal guitar. (None are basswood, so I don't have any recommendation on that, except for to give him a call. LOL)

Wow !!, I think you are a monster fan of them !, I like their attitude about making pickups also, you know I think they think like FAS in their works and products, Do you ever consult with tim @ BNK about which pickups is right for your guitar ?, well actually I did that and completely explained about my issues with existence pickups, my playing style, and what I expect of my new pickups, finally he recommend me Juggernauts, but I want to know more N more ! ;)

In case you didn't already know: Basswood tends to be on the lightweight-side of the tonewoods and is also soft (easier to dent). It tends to emphasise the mid-range. However, always remember that two pieces of wood can never be the same, even if used on the same guitar-model (unless someone invented wood-cloning), so you might use my advice rather as a guideline than as an overallv valid assumption.

Thank you for your advice !, but I think it would be a good starting point for select a right set of pickups, as you know other parameters depend on playing style, touch, amp, cab,... etc, I see some where on net, Juggernaut is a good friend with modelers, not to say I don like to call
Axe-Fx ll as a modeler :)

Of course it is a good starting point. Please share your experiences as soon as you have your new pickups installed, that would be very nice. I'm interested too as I am frequently swapping pickups (I have a box "full" of them).

Of course it is a good starting point. Please share your experiences as soon as you have your new pickups installed, that would be very nice. I'm interested too as I am frequently swapping pickups (I have a box "full" of them).

Morrow I'm gonna get my Juggernauts Tyger Gold I'm So happy :) but it takes 30 days to come here, now I'm practicing with a guitar with no pickups !! :lol, why ? just because I have just one guitar :lol That's Cool experience !, I can remember John Petrucci mentioned in a Guitar Clinic, most of the time he plays without a OD pedal Amp, cab delay and stuff like that, So this is the life ! ;)

Back
Top Bottom