BJ Devices TB-12 Review

With all due respect to the official firmware released with the BJ Devices controllers, the GM Arts firmware (and editor) for these pedals is superb! Thanks for letting us enjoy your awesome work!

Many thanks for the feedback :)

I have my firmware working now with the Axe-FX III, with some new features as well. All Axe-FX III functions are supported except Tempo backtracking, but Cliff has said he will have a look at it. So I'll probably wait for a little while before releasing, but ... soon :)
That's great news!
I will be getting my Axe-FX III in September, willing to beta test if necessary :)
Thanks a lot for providing the FW, it is so much better than the original one.

so is the GM arts firmware the best one to use.

i am looking for a device to switch banks/presets and also use 1 to 3 scenes on a preset with the ability to also use a looper - can the TB-6 do that

I've own TB-12 board for three years now and I just love it! Only problem is that sometimes the screen is showing something weird like you can see on the picture. Only way to get it working is plug power cable off and reset the board. It's been doing that randomly since i bought it. I have installed new firmware and booted the board few times but no help. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Attachments

• Screen.jpg
    Screen.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 22
I've own TB-12 board for three years now and I just love it! Only problem is that sometimes the screen is showing something weird like you can see on the picture. Only way to get it working is plug power cable off and reset the board. It's been doing that randomly since i bought it. I have installed new firmware and booted the board few times but no help. Is there anything I can do to fix this?
Could you please write email at info@bjdevices.com, or facebook https://www.facebook.com/BjDevices/ . Will try to solve problem

I changed my mk2 into a XL+, now the TB12 doesn't display preset names. What do I need to fumble or update? 2.1.6. firmware in the TB12

New batch of updated version of our devices called MKII, are now avalible on Reverb.com and bjdevices.com.
MKII version have additional memory and comes with updated firmware version 3.0. Now user able to store over 100 banks of setting with absolutely different buttons type, preset numbers and so on in each bank. And of course additional memory allow us to develop more interesting features in the future. New firmware will works with old devices too, but just 1 bank will available in this case. Also I know many users love GMArts firmware, don't worry - it will work on MKII version too.
s2nrkv4ncdu01ch3ks1w.jpg

New batch of updated version of our devices called MKII, are now avalible on Reverb.com and bjdevices.com.
MKII version have additional memory and comes with updated firmware version 3.0. Now user able to store over 100 banks of setting with absolutely different buttons type, preset numbers and so on in each bank. And of course additional memory allow us to develop more interesting features in the future. New firmware will works with old devices too, but just 1 bank will available in this case. Also I know many users love GMArts firmware, don't worry - it will work on MKII version too.
Very nice!
Just out of curiosity: Can MkI foot controllers be upgraded to MkII?
Thanks.

Could you please describe in more details? I can't find "10-key function" feature in Gordius LG manual
Sorry for confusion. Xavier calls it "KeypadMode". KeyPad mode is part of Gordius on-board commands. The reference for Gordius commands is chapter 10 and starts on page 105 of the manual for Little Giant 2, firmware version 3.0 or higher.

Here is how Xavier described KeypadMode:
Another type of “Direct Select” is the “Direct ProgChange” mode or “Keypad mode”. In this mode, you type a 3-digit ProgChange number, and right after that the according ProgamChange MIDI message is transmitted. This means you have random access to any sound of a sound module or any patch in an effects controller.

The specific page for KeypadMode is chapter 10.13 on page 125. Instant random access to any patch, bank, song or preset was a feature I requested, and Xavier coded and released it in about 24 hours. It's the reason I bought the LG because stepping up/down through presets, banks of presets, etc. doesn't work for me.

I need instant and random access to any song set up in my show because it's a request-based show. I've set up the LG with a conventional bank for just acoustic guitar presets. I've set up all the other banks so that a "song" is a bank. I punch in the bank number using KeypadMode. That triggers a bank to load the switches with their assignments for that particular song (LG has 999 available banks I believe, maybe more). During this, the bank also sends a stream of midi commands: 1) goto the right Axe-Fx patch for the song, 2) cue up the right audio backing track file for the song, 3) zero out the mixing board sliders for vocal FX on the digital board, and finally 4) move those sliders so I have the right vocal FX and right amount of FX for the song.

This is done with industry standard midi. The mixing board sliders respond to midi pitch wheel command, which is part of industry standard midi remote control of digital mixing boards under the industry standard Mackie HUI mapping protocol. It's all basic midi. It's all industry standard midi that's been around forever. The problem with most midi foot controllers is they don't harness the full power of midi. The LG does. And it goes further with the strong set of Gordium-Specific on-board commands.

I hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom