BJ Devices TB-12 Review

Hi,
Leds change states after preset change or it simply stay on previous states?

I'm not with my axe right now, so I'll make sure when I can, but I believe the LEDs change, but aren't right. I could be wrong because I'm not with it right now. I'll check later on today and get back with you.

Okay, so I checked and it seems to be working fine when I switch presets, but when I switch scenes, it's not showing which effects changed states. For example, on a particular preset, I have scene 1 as just a regular clean tone with reverb and compression. My scene 2 is an overdrive and delay engaged with the compressor bypassed, but the TB-12 still displays the same IA bypass states of the first scene.

Hi guys.
I'm just wondering what settings you are using in your wah block so you can use it with an expression pedal with the pb-12
I've an m-audio ex-p hooked up and all it does it turn on the wah block but doesn't sweep through the filter - on or off but no
wah.
Thanks.
Alan

Hi there
I have good news for all of our customers. New firmware release is available for download. It is version 2.3 Public Beta. See release note below:

Changes
1. AxeFx II XL is supported.XL+ will implemented soon
2. Added a new type of button - CC_mt - momentary switch. When push button Control Change message is sent with a value of 127 (95), when you release button Control Change message with value 0.
3. SHIFT mode Expanded. Now shift mode button can be assigned to CC_tg, CC_ct or CC_mt. The buttons are configured independently i.e. button can be of the same type and different numbers in the performance mode and SHIFT mode. Settings in a separate menu for each button. Now you able, for example, configure switching presets in performance mode and management looper and scenes in the SHIFT mode
4. Fixed expression pedals calibration issue , and also added the ability to see the current position in the calibration menu. The minimum position is 0, the maximum 127. These numbers correspond to MIDI data that will be sent to the processor. You can quickly figure out the pedal is calibrated or not, if in the extreme positions of the pedals differ from 0 and 127, the calibration is required.
5. Behaviour of TAP now also can be configured similar as the buttons - CC_tg, CC_ct or CC_mt.
6. Added a menu with a choice of target processor. Also auto-detection processor is implemented. This reduces the number of SysEx queries which controller sends to determine processor is currently connected.
7. Added menu with USB baud rate settings. Using for compatibility with various software COM-MIDI converters

Known issues
1. In the KPA reverb and the delay IA state is not recognized by the controller when changing the slot (performance, rig).
2. It is impossible to display the name of the current slot of KPA.
3. If you are upgrading to this version the buttons setting which was CC_ct is resets to defaults, you need to reconfigure once again after update.

Users manual is also updated.

And one more good news. Till the end of April all our buyers get free shipping worldwide! except for those who live in Antarctica... If you live there, write me an e-mail, we will discuss it)

--
Best Regards
Sergey Burenkov
www.bjdevices.com
Find us on Facebook www.facebook.com/bjdevices
Find us on Instagram www.instagram.com/bjdevices

Awesome Sergey. I have a quick question. In performance mode, can the TB-12 support different button configurations for each bank, or does the button type have to stay the same across banks? For example, can I have the first bank be 10 PC buttons, the second bank be 10 CC buttons for effects on/off and x/y, the third a mix of PC and CC buttons, etc.. Also, is shift mode global, or can it be setup differently for each bank? Thanks.

Awesome Sergey. I have a quick question. In performance mode, can the TB-12 support different button configurations for each bank, or does the button type have to stay the same across banks? For example, can I have the first bank be 10 PC buttons, the second bank be 10 CC buttons for effects on/off and x/y, the third a mix of PC and CC buttons, etc.. Also, is shift mode global, or can it be setup differently for each bank? Thanks.
Unfortunately no, buttons assignment is global. It is hardware limitation, no enough memory to store different settings for each bank.

I have TB-12 and it is absolutely amazing for the price. BUT when changing presets it always go trough first preset for some milliseconds which is really annoying. Is there some settings I should change in Axe or TB-12?

And another question. I want button 1 to change preset and button 6 to be scene 5. I changed tap command to be scene 1. Now when I press that preset button again it will change the scene to 1 but the led keeps lighting in that other scene button. Is there some way to get that off?

Last edited:
I have TB-12 and it is absolutely amazing for the price. BUT when changing presets it always go trough first preset for some milliseconds which is really annoying. Is there some settings I should change in Axe or TB-12?

And another question. I want button 1 to change preset and button 6 to be scene 5. I changed tap command to be scene 1. Now when I press that preset button again it will change the scene to 1 but the led keeps lighting in that other scene button. Is there some way to get that off?
To fix first issue you need to switch off dual program change sending. System setuр -> MIDI channel. It must looks like "<1> no" but not "<1> 1". Set second channel to "no" and TB-12 stops sending second Program Change message.

About second issue. I don't sure, but it is possible if you send Program change message with current active preset to Axe Fx, it reset scene to 1. (possible you should check "Ignore redundant program change" in Axe Fx). If its true, just set tap CC to "NO" value and TB-12 will send Program Change instead of Control Change if you press the preset button again, and scenes led becomes OFF.

Definitely looking at getting one of these, could somebody please tell me whether this set up is possible? I think it is after reading the manual and this thread, would like to know for definite before pulling the trigger on one though!

Performance mode: switches 1-5 and 7-11 for patches 1 to 10 in bank 1, 11 to 20 in bank 2, 21 to 30 in bank 3 etc., switch 6 for shift/performance toggle, switch 12 for tuner
Shift mode: for scenes and a couple of looper controls

Then use a BS-2 to change up and down banks on the fly?

Thanks

Definitely looking at getting one of these, could somebody please tell me whether this set up is possible? I think it is after reading the manual and this thread, would like to know for definite before pulling the trigger on one though!

Performance mode: switches 1-5 and 7-11 for patches 1 to 10 in bank 1, 11 to 20 in bank 2, 21 to 30 in bank 3 etc., switch 6 for shift/performance toggle, switch 12 for tuner

Thanks

Sure is. Easy Peasy.

Thanks
This will works, but tuner is shown on TB-12's screen by hold active preset button(also midi message will be send to turn on/off tuner on AxeFx). You can use separate button only for on/off tuner on Axe Fx

Last edited:
Ahh I see, I'll probably think of another function for that button then, looking forward to having the tuner display on the floorboard! Thanks

Ahh I see, I'll probably think of another function for that button then, looking forward to having the tuner display on the floorboard! Thanks

Yeah, it's such a great controller with some sweet functionality and fantastic customer support. If you have any more questions about it you can message me; I've spent a lot of time with it.

What? How did I miss this thread?!

Hmm.... this is very tempting.... Might be selling my FCB1010 for this!

Same here. I have a modded FCB1010 Uno, and it always feels just a little bit constraining, however the price of entry for a MFC101 just isn't justifiable for me. This looks like a really nice solution. I might have to start saving my $s. :)

Last edited:
Great update this 2.3!

I'm going to program my TB-12 from fresh and was wondering if any of you guys have founded some custom labels, that will fit with this board? (Other, than those, that are on the Bj Devices Facebook site)

Back
Top Bottom