BitDefender Antivirus Interferes with Axe-Fx III Driver Installation

RBro

I can't seem to install the driver. I run the executable, it goes through the motions, says its done, and then nothing is installed. Because of this I cant connect to it with Fractal Bot or my DAW. I tried running it as administrator too, just in case, and that didn't work either. Anyone else have any troubles or solutions?

Thanks!

I have been having issues too. Do you see the Axe FX III in Device Manager? Are you able to see it in Add/Remove Programs?

I see it in the device manager with an exclamation mark, meaning the driver isn't installed. If I go to add/remove programs I dont see the driver installed. I would see it there with axe fx ii.

When installing the driver do you also have the II driver installed? I'm sure Fractal thought of this though
having both installed on the same machine.

My III arrives today so will be trying to install the driver. Will post my results when I know anything.

I can't seem to install the driver. I run the executable, it goes through the motions, says its done, and then nothing is installed. Because of this I cant connect to it with Fractal Bot or my DAW. I tried running it as administrator too, just in case, and that didn't work either. Anyone else have any troubles or solutions?

I just did the install this AM on a Win10-64bit machine. I had issues with my antivirus SW interfering. After a temporary bypass, the install went through with no issues. I've not fully tested but the Device Manager looks correct (no exclamation marks) and I was able to interact with both the AF2 and AF3 that were simultaneously connected via USB.

Maybe try disabling your antivirus?

That's exactly it. I just spoke with support and my antivirus was blocking it. My antivirus was in silent mode so I didn't see that it was blocking it. I marked it as safe and everything is good now. I'm using BitDefender in case you're curious.

I connected with BitDefender labs. They replied:

"Thanks for sending the ZIP file over, I can confirm that we’ve added a fix for the issue you reported. This fix will make it to our entire customer base by the end of today so there should be no further interference with your product/driver. Please do let me know if there are any other things I can help you with!"

So that should fix this!

I connected with BitDefender labs. They replied:

"Thanks for sending the ZIP file over, I can confirm that we’ve added a fix for the issue you reported. This fix will make it to our entire customer base by the end of today so there should be no further interference with your product/driver. Please do let me know if there are any other things I can help you with!"

So that should fix this!

Unbelievable ! Not only is @Admin M@ great at doing his job ..., evidently he's great at doing someone else's job too !

Back
Top Bottom