Bit of a dilemma - Gig shortly

Stratmatt

Hi everybody,

I've just done a setup for a gig later on tonight and I realised one of my patches was without the lead boost assigned to a footswitch. I won't have time to bring my laptop along to do a quick edit.

Is there a way to assign it to a FS via the AX8 front panel. Or failing that, can I change the amp type on another patch that has a boost assigned and give that patch the amp I'm after?

Same old story, I'd dialled a patch in at home and it sounded rubbish at band level. No big deal if there's not much I can do, the Friedman dials back nicely on the volume pot. Was just hoping to use my JTM45 patch.

Many thanks

So true! Thanks for the replies. Last night was just my second time playing live with the AX8. It really is a great piece of kit; learn more about it every time I use it too.

If you can't tweak the preset from the menus, I would crank up the master volume for that song, and then bring down your guitar volume for the verses... like a volume pedal

Long story short: Learn to use that front panel. Then you'll be ready for whatever comes up at your next gig. :)

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆ THIS !
I brought my AX8 on vacation with me , and it has FORCED me to learn to navigate and edit from the front panel. Like yourself , I've always used my computer to edit , since it's so easy.
I've learned a lot in a few days , but I need to continue tweaking from the unit itself , so those "gig tweaks" can be done quickly and confidently.

Reactions: Rex
The advice here is dead on. Learn the front panel. Assigning a FS is easy. Also I highly suggest Fracpad for iPad, iPhone or android perfect for quick tweaks and not lugging around a laptop

Back
Top Bottom