Binge shows -your favorites?

I'm no particular Anime fan, but I count "Cowboy Bebop" among my favorite shows, it being animated doesn't matter.
The music, the story, the characters and the atmosphere are awesome. It's not your typical nerdy / immature japanese Manga stuff.

Ok tried many new ones;
True Blood -got bored kinda cheesey despite cool sound track!. Boardwalk empire -Done very accurate to the time... but I get tired of watching people smoke all the time....that eras music is horrid too. I will return to it eventually

Band of brothers is great -but on hold

Then enters 'BANSHEE' -man killer show. Just finished the pilot episode and it really grabbed me. 4 season -let the binging begin!

Shows I can't help but binge:
Stranger Things
Fargo
True Detective
The Walking Dead
Breaking Bad
Homeland
Sherlock
Archer
Arrested Development
Futurama
Heroes (season 1, the rest pale in comparison)
Master of None
Catastrophe
Parks and Recreation
30 Rock
MythBusters
Dirty Jobs
How It's Made

Others that I liked:
The Americans
Downton Abbey
Veep
Orange is the New Black
House of Cards
Transparent
Making a Murder
Portlandia
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
Jessica Jones
Daredevil
True Blood (last few seasons are weak)
Justified
Elementary
The West Wing
Sex and The City

Some must watch classics:
Friends
Seinfeld
The Wonder Years
Quantum Leap

Bad but hilarious shows:
South Park
Chapelle's Show
Trailer Park Boys
Squidbillies

If you like non-fiction:
Ken Burns documentaries from PBS (The War, The West, Baseball, The Civil War, etc.) are all very good.

How do you find time to play the guitar, lol?

I'm not much of a TV watcher myself, but I subscribed to Netflix just so I could see what all the buzz about Breaking Bad was about. Glad I did. I binge watched that one bigtime. Bonus that it was shot in Albuquerque, so I got to see a lot of familiar locations. I need to do the same with Better Call Saul...just haven't carved out the time. (Too busy tweaking my presets after the latest FW update.)

How do you find time to play the guitar, lol?

I'm not much of a TV watcher myself, but I subscribed to Netflix just so I could see what all the buzz about Breaking Bad was about. Glad I did. I binge watched that one bigtime. Bonus that it was shot in Albuquerque, so I got to see a lot of familiar locations. I need to do the same with Better Call Saul...just haven't carved out the time. (Too busy tweaking my presets after the latest FW update.)
That list is about 10 years worth. I don't watch that much TV.

I'm binging on Youtube #pizzagate scandal at the moment! What a show!
popcorn.gif

Sherlock <Prolly the best series I've seen in recent years!!
Andy Griffith always great!! Up until the color episodes...
Psych < SUPERB!!!
Home movies ;) What can I say???
Started watching LOST a few days ago...
It's kind of a mixture of well done / too stupid... am holding judgement for now...
Dirty Jobs is pretty good
Only in America was pretty good

When my ears are ringing from shredding for hours on end it's time to ramp up the beer consumption and be entertained!

'Banshee' still in my top 3..................on season 2 now. Really well done and entertaining.

Well, I guess I am the only cop show freak......................Criminal Minds(well not this season so far but I do love JJ and Prentiss), Law & Order, the original and Chicago PD and the walking dead...............Thats about my TV. And of course Animal Planet and the history Channel.........

Band of Brothers.
Fargo
Boardwalk Empire
Six Feet Under
Friday Night Lights
Homeland
Deadwood
The Night Of
Stranger Things
Breaking Bad
Better Call Saul
Game of Thrones
The Wire
True Detective (1st season)
Ray Donovan
West World
Rome
Dexter
The Borgias

Classic new golden age for TV.

Last edited:
Some great recommendations so far

For me, I like believable characters, I need to connect and this needs a combination of great writing, great acting and great direction.

One that has not been mentioned:-
The Affair

Grey morals, great acting, writing and directing.

Standout shows for me:-
Band of Brothers
Breaking Bad
The Wire
Game of Thrones

Shows I have enjoyed
SOA - except the Ireland stuff, perlease! (I know, I know... budget, but if you don't have the budget... concentrate on what can do well)
Deadwood - ended too soon
Walking Dead - some seasons better than others
Homeland - same as above, getting back on track by changing style
Westworld
Billions
Line of Duty
Luther
Happy Valley

Grey morals. Yeah. I have a problem with that. LOL. I like the good guys vs bad guys. I don't think I'd like The Affair! No Country For Old Men - I hated that the guy walked away, albeit with a broken leg.

@BadMelonFarmer for a Cali boy the Sons of Anarchy scenes in Ireland were really cool - so your saying they were not done accurately to the landscape or culture or there are no bikers there??
Not that it really matters, just curious

Grey morals. Yeah. I have a problem with that. LOL. I like the good guys vs bad guys. I don't think I'd like The Affair! No Country For Old Men - I hated that the guy walked away, albeit with a broken leg.

I understand and agree with you...BUT that is the thing that a great actor and writing can do.... is take you past the fact that you should hate the character(s). On paper I have zero empathy for the two people who are having the Affair, but the point is .... what led them to that point, what made them who they are etc..... that is the stuff I find fascinating from a intellectual perspective and moral perspective.

Same with Breaking Bad... we all know it is not going to end well, but the exploration of what drives people and why.... fascinating.

Ok now that were talking about the take away message of particular shows -What ultimately drove Walt in Breaking bad?? Do you remember what he said to his wife at the end?

Back
Top Bottom