Binge shows -your favorites?

cragginshred

Fractal Fanatic
Wife goes to bed early and my ears are ringing from jamming in the man cave it's all about watching some of the great shows on the tube and beer!
About a year ago I got into Netflix steaming and watched Sons of Anarchy 1st -awesome story but crazy violent.
Game of thrones was next -very slow till 1/2 way through the 2nd season....then it picks up and is really good

I resisted due to the subject matter but then gave in for 'Breaking bad' took a minute to get into but turned out to be an awesome show. Very well done with a great conclusion. My wife even got into it.

Hell on wheels -awesome western series. Then I had trouble connecting to any other shows
on Netflix and switched to Amazon prime streaming.

Now it's Band of brothers, The Pacific, True blood and Boardwalk

What about you all? Favorite shows you might recommend?

Band of brothers
I re-watch this yearly. Love this series.

The Pacific
This one didn't move me the way Band of Brothers did.

What about you all? Favorite shows you might recommend?
  • Stranger Things (Netflix)
  • Westworld (HBO Go)
  • The Wire (HBO Go)
  • Curb Your Enthusiasm (HBO Go)
  • Deadwood (HBO Go)
  • Eastbound & Down (HBO Go)
  • Bored to Death (HBO Go)
Lots of good stuff on HBO if you haven't seen it before.

Cool!
Yeah forgot to mention 'Deadwood' -by far the most curse words in any show or movie ever.....but intense characters and acting!
Agreed on Pacific...........just ok so far. I just read 'Killing the Rising sun' so it perked my interest for the show.

Started 'Stranger things' but could not get into it. Only watched about 3 or 4 episodes

Thanks for the suggestions !

I'm excited for Westworld, loved the movie when I was a kid. Gonna wait till the end of the season so I can go thru all of it... I hate having to wait for the next 2 seasons of Game of Thrones (and avoiding spoilers) after bingeing the first 5. My wife and I are on season 4 of Suits.

Shows I can't help but binge:
Stranger Things
Fargo
True Detective
The Walking Dead
Breaking Bad
Homeland
Sherlock
Archer
Arrested Development
Futurama
Heroes (season 1, the rest pale in comparison)
Master of None
Catastrophe
Parks and Recreation
30 Rock
MythBusters
Dirty Jobs
How It's Made

Others that I liked:
The Americans
Downton Abbey
Veep
Orange is the New Black
House of Cards
Transparent
Making a Murder
Portlandia
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
Jessica Jones
Daredevil
True Blood (last few seasons are weak)
Justified
Elementary
The West Wing
Sex and The City

Some must watch classics:
Friends
Seinfeld
The Wonder Years
Quantum Leap

Bad but hilarious shows:
South Park
Chapelle's Show
Trailer Park Boys
Squidbillies

If you like non-fiction:
Ken Burns documentaries from PBS (The War, The West, Baseball, The Civil War, etc.) are all very good.

Last edited:
I like series that aren't too taxing to have on in the background so I can half watch and half surf the net at the same time:

NCIS
NCISLA
The Mentalist
Numbers
Dexter
House
Elementary

Orange is the new black is interesting (they release whole seasons at once).
GOT is great, had some lulls but gets going.
Dexter last episode is stupid.. but show was entertaining.
Breaking Bad, was great, doses of dark.
Sons of Anarchy, watched the whole thing. Lots of violence, too much really, but I guess it fits with the story. Kind of wish I wouldn't have watched it, too much negativity.
Walking Dead.

Lots of great shows already.
I may add:

Peaky Blinders
Ash vs. Evil Dead
Orphan Black
The Wrong Mans

and, of course, The Sopranos

If you liked Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul is a good watch.

Dexter is entertaining, but is full of major plot holes, poor character development, and one-dimensional chick-flick relationship sub-stories. Still, I binge watched and enjoyed it.

I enjoyed Wilfred. Although it gets far-fetched, the ending is believable.

Sherlock is another I enjoyed, although it is a bit hokey at times to appeal to all ages.

Chapelle's Show and Louis (CK) are my picks for comedies.

I've also learned that other people's recommendations don't mean much. I know people who love shows of which I can't endure even a single episode. Orange is the New Black, Arrested Development, House of Cards, and Sex and the City are just a few hit shows I find totally unwatchable. You have to watch shows for yourself and decide.

News Radio

Venture Bros (over and over again). Was Samurai Jack for years, and looking forward to the new release, which I will totally binge watch when the DVDs come out.

Right now, Parks and Rec, finally (Netflix, never did watch it originally)

Oh, plenty of other shows. Lots of sitcoms.

My favs were/are Dexter and Walking Dead. Big shout out to Longmire.... don't think anyone has mentioned that one. What about Battlestar Galactica (no, the new one)....

.... and of course.... let's not forget all those truly awesome Godzilla films....every damn one of em.....there must be 57 of them.

Let's hear it for Gojira!

Back
Top Bottom