• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Billy Sheehan?

Anyone got a good Billy Sheehan bass preset? I bought the Austin Buddy bass pack and the Geddy is really good, now if I just had a Billy I'd be good enough since guitar is my main instrument.

Do you have 2 outputs on your bass?
No, I have a Carvin LB75 with active/passive pickups and controls. I know Billy's Yamaha does and he runs it to different spots. I haven't got to playing bass on this yet; you think it'll hurt my Mission Engineering Gemini II...won't be cranking it?

Doesn't he know we have limitations? What kind of uncaring monster is he? Seriously though, I think there is a Sheehan preset out there for Helix. If I can find a deep dive on that it'll give me a ballpark. Thanks!

unix-guy

Legend!
He did a clinic at the local guitar shop 3-4 years ago and "only" brought a bi-amp rig. Still sounded great and massive!

One key to his tone is that he runs one amp that is nothing but lows all the mid/high frequency content is filtered before the amp... On its own, that amp sounds like poo but with the other amps on it makes a big difference.

Good luck!

Top Bottom