Chef's Rebell Yell

80's man; My no 1 soul brotha', like no otha'!! :D I'm keeping the patches on the down low, for now, because I know that any patch I'll make with the front panel I can make 10 times better with AE. It comes to a point when I just want to throw the Axe into the wall - the front panel is for my work flow very straining and frustrating... But don't worry, once AE3 hits the shelves, I'll start sharing and taking requests again... There will be lot of retro 80's tones - I guarantee.

Cheers MG!!! I hope all is well with you and your family. Have a great summer! :)

Same here. I'm having fun but coasting until AE3.

great thread to read! Fantastic job getting so close to the original sounds with the Axe. It's amazing what you can do with it if you're willing to put a little time into poking around. Thanks so much for sharing your work, patches and comments. I always read your threads Chef because they always have great sounds and/or information (from you and from others). Looking forward to future conversations and tracks. :D

By popular demand, here are the Rebel Yell patches modified for FW12.04b. Thanks guys! Enjoy... :encouragement::encouragement::encouragement::encouragement:

Attachments

• Chef's Rebel Yell Clean.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 256
  • Chef's Rebel Yell Main.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 218
  • Chef's Rebel Yell Solo.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 221
  • Chef's Rebel Yell Synth Lead.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 225
Chef,

Have you reset the amp?
I imported the preset and switched the amp to the next amp then back and the sounds change a lot.
Shouldn't have stayed the same?

Thanks for the presets!

Yes thank you again for these awesome patches.I was totally blown away by how good they sound,and by your guitar playing.I would love to see more classic 80's patches from you.You are the man Chef !!!

Chef, how do you activate the ray gun sound in the solo? I saw that on the solo patch the synth is controlled by the mixer. Do you activate with an External or an IA?

Thanks

Thanks so much for the patches Chef, I just dl them and am looking forward already for digging the synth work in the coming days. Fabulous.

Chef,

Have you reset the amp?
I imported the preset and switched the amp to the next amp then back and the sounds change a lot.
Shouldn't have stayed the same?

Thanks for the presets!

Too much work to do so, sorry guys! I checked them presets for "tone", "vibe" and "playabilty" and tweaked some where needed, then saved and reposted.

Yes thank you again for these awesome patches.I was totally blown away by how good they sound,and by your guitar playing.I would love to see more classic 80's patches from you.You are the man Chef !!!

Wow, Thanks!!! Yes, I will post more patches soon.

Chef, how do you activate the ray gun sound in the solo? I saw that on the solo patch the synth is controlled by the mixer. Do you activate with an External or an IA?

Thanks

You can assign Mixer slider 3 to Ext 1 and use an exp pedal.

Thanks so much for the patches Chef, I just dl them and am looking forward already for digging the synth work in the coming days. Fabulous.

Cool! Enjoy and post your recordings here if you wanna... :)

Chef, as always amazing job. Am I correct in remembering that the original version had a separate patch for the octave rise at the end of the first verse? How can I recreate that with your current versions? I can't find the original anymore. Thanks for all you do.

Back
Top Bottom