Billy Idol - Mony Mony

waylander69

Inspired
Hi

Been working on mony mony over the last few days and tried playing against the backing track I found , omg sounds awful
So obviously I'm in the wrong tuning ,
Since on my travel rig and not fx ii at home it's more awkward to mess wightuning to figure out my next kove.
So like DL - photograph which was recorded 1/4 step down was wondering if anyone could help me out and give me a clue what mony mony was recorded in

Cheerx
G \../

Hi

Been working on mony mony over the last few days and tried playing against the backing track I found , omg sounds awful
So obviously I'm in the wrong tuning ,
Since on my travel rig and not fx ii at home it's more awkward to mess wightuning to figure out my next kove.
So like DL - photograph which was recorded 1/4 step down was wondering if anyone could help me out and give me a clue what mony mony was recorded in

Cheerx
G \../

In the comments section, this guys says he’s in standard tuning.

It's not recorded like that (guitars tuned off pitch). The tape is either speed up or slowed down to create an effect. Super common thing.

When I play in standard tuning it doesn't tye in with backing track. The tab said it was in standard too.

If the Tape is speed changed what is the best way to get to play along with the track ,
Do a speed change on it logic ?

thanks guys
G \../

I played that song many many years ago and I remember that I noticed that the studio-recording (actually the whole 1981 E.P.) is aproximately 1/3 semitone above standard tuning.

Last edited:
When I play in standard tuning it doesn't tye in with backing track. The tab said it was in standard too.

If the Tape is speed changed what is the best way to get to play along with the track ,
Do a speed change on it logic ?

thanks guys
G \../
Use something like Transcribe! or Amazing Slow Downer.

I played that song many many years ago and I remember that I noticed that the studio-recording (actually the whole 1981 E.P.) is aproximately 1/3 semitone above standard tuning.
Yeah, that's the most common one. A lot of old songs are like that.

Back
Top Bottom