Bill Leverty is using the Axe-Fx II now ... !

R.D.

Power User
I just saw a posting on Bill's Facebook page that he's used the Axe-Fx II for the last there Firehouse gigs, and "I'm never going back!"

If you haven't checked out his solo stuff you should, it's pretty killer too, much different than Firehouse !

Last I knew, he was a huge Red Wings fan too !

Indeed I am! I've actually bought two of them, one for studio and one for the road.
I sold 9 of my amps and just about all of my pedals and cabs to fund the purchases. (I actually ended up with money left over!) It's a great feeling knowing that I'll never have to pay to re-tube an amp again.
I've recorded my latest album, DRIVE, using the Axe. (Thanks for the kind words!) It's been an awesome experience. I've had quite a few "tone snobs" that I know tell me that the guitar sounds on this album are awesome. :)
For FireHouse gigs, I've been using the 5153 for dirt and the AC-30 Top Boost for cleans. For monitoring, I'm using full range powered cabs. (I bought a pair of FBT Verve 12ma's.) Since we do mostly fly dates, I have been asking the promoter to provide me a pair of powered full range cabs. So far, I've used Mackies, Nexos and my FBT's. I've never been happier.
My sound man (who used to work for Dio) is over the moon!
GO WINGS!!

Welcome to the family Bill. I'm a big fan of your playing and think "Hold Your Fire" is one of the best of the genre. In fact, it still gets regular play on my iPod. Great songs, playing, and tone.

Hope you consider sharing some of your patches.

Thanks Webb! I will share some patches for sure. I'm just scratching the surface of this miracle box so it might take a bit.
Thanks again for the cool vibe... B

I saw you guys years ago at the Fresno Fair.

Great Show!! I still talk about that show...standing on the bleachers with a bunch of my friends singing along and trying to hit those ridiculous highs !

Thanks for a great night and thanks in advance if you find the time to share some patches.

Thanks for the kind words you guys.
I heard so many cabs that I liked in V10 and I can't remember which one I settled on. I'll look into it tomorrow morning and post here.
I recently recorded a song for a KISS tribute album to help raise money for a hospice in Montreal. It's streaming here if you want to hear it:
PledgeMusic
All guitar tracks are 100% AXE. Hope y'all dig it...

Indeed I am! I've actually bought two of them, one for studio and one for the road.
I sold 9 of my amps and just about all of my pedals and cabs to fund the purchases. (I actually ended up with money left over!) It's a great feeling knowing that I'll never have to pay to re-tube an amp again.
I've recorded my latest album, DRIVE, using the Axe. (Thanks for the kind words!) It's been an awesome experience. I've had quite a few "tone snobs" that I know tell me that the guitar sounds on this album are awesome. :)
For FireHouse gigs, I've been using the 5153 for dirt and the AC-30 Top Boost for cleans. For monitoring, I'm using full range powered cabs. (I bought a pair of FBT Verve 12ma's.) Since we do mostly fly dates, I have been asking the promoter to provide me a pair of powered full range cabs. So far, I've used Mackies, Nexos and my FBT's. I've never been happier.
My sound man (who used to work for Dio) is over the moon!
GO WINGS!!

If I could just climb inside your head. I would just borrow some of them engineering/mixing skills for a while. I'd give em back..... :devilish:

Very kind of you Dojo.
If I can ever offer any help, please feel free to PM me with your phone number.

Thanks Car202. I will be happy to share my presets, but honestly, they are really simple compared to what many other guys here are doing.
I'll try to get some uploaded tomorrow.
I have to give my sincere thanks to Chris Katsukuri for your amazing videos. I have learned so much from you.
Also, FlyingFadr who turned me onto this amazing piece of gear and has been there to help me with tech support from day one.
This forum is a great place. I will keep coming back as often as I possibly can!
Thanks again for the coolness...

Back
Top Bottom