Bill Lawrence Wilde Pickups - Microcoils

Phostenix

Power User
I bought a set of Microcoils for Strat at the beginning of this year & put them in a partscaster which is a bright sounding guitar. I never loved the Microcoils as they seemed thin & bright in that guitar and planned to ebay them. I ended up with a set of Lace Hot Golds in that partscaster, which are a good fit (even though they don't quite have the snap of a true single coil).

So, last weekend I decided to do a new wiring setup for my "real" Strat ('94 American) & I thought I'd give the Microcoils one last try before I sold them off. I absolutely love them in this Strat! I'm using one of my custom wiring setups that includes options for pickups in series and my modified TBX tone. The Microcoils sound great in series, too.

I haven't gotten them into a noisy environment yet, but I have a flourescent lamp on my workbench & the Microcoils don't seem to be any louder than my humbucker equipped guitars when near the flourescent light.

Anyone else using the Microcoils?

Not yet, but I've been really curious about them since they were announced a few years back. I waited and waited for Bill to release them, but ended up just going with some L280's and I love them. But I've been thinking about a pair for my telecaster.

They've really got to be pretty close to noiseless though; I get a whole lot of hum in my house.

Back
Top Bottom