Bill Lawrence L-500 Lead noise/output question

Chiguete

Experienced
First off, for the guys that are Bill Lawrence pickups experts can you confirm with these pictures if this is one of the original L-500 Lead pickups that latter changed the name to the XL-500?

Screenshot_20190723-235439.png 20190617_200734.jpg

So I'm having a noise problem with this pickup. I thought it was the vol pot that was bad but because it starts making noise from 8-10 in the vol knob but I just changed it with another pot from another guitar and the noise is still there. Look at this video:

I did this test recording on my DAW the noise that was coming out not playing but only having the vol pot at 10 on a Superstrat with a Super Distortion, then a LP with an 9K PAF modern style IronGear Iron Mill humbucker and then the guitar with the L-500 Lead. It was a crunchy Marshall style setup and I really don't know if the actual pickup has a problem or not. BTW how much more output does it have compared to a Superdistortion? And how does that output compare to in noise?

Finally I checked the noise gate and basicly I could get the level in the DAW to be around the same by adding 10 in the Threshold when going from the Super Distortion to the L-500 Lead, is this normal to compensate the difference in output between both pickups?

Back
Top Bottom