BigBox librarys OUT NOW!

Holy schmack! The Platinum bundle is amazing!

I think Andy is a standout studio talent.. after spending some time in his presets with his mix IRs, I think I trust his ears and ability to get great guitar sounds more than just about anyone, including me :). I didn't think I'd get much use out of someone else's presets, but he's done a bunch of truly killer amp\cab pairings. I will leverage these, even when I'm just copying his blocks for use within my own presets, or possibly importing into future AX8 presets.

I also want to thank Andy for being so responsive and super helpful to deal with. See, I've been outside the IR rabbit hole for a long time (gigs and jamming with real amps\cabs) but I'm about to get back to recording soon. I'm a big fan of Andy's work in general, but I was out of the loop.

I can't resist a 40% off sale (hint FAS ;)) so over the weekend I decided to buy... except I was on theampfactory.com (not thecabfactory.com), so like an idiot I bought the 'Legends' cab bundle. Soon I realized... I already own that bundle! Bought it last year. Oops.

I emailed Andy to ask if he could credit me back. He responded right away, said credit no problem but he also mentioned these Bigbox bundles and had me convinced in short order. So I bought Platinum and got refund for my earlier double-purchase.

Wow! Is 40% off sale still on? I've been wanting platinum bundle but haven't been able to afford it recently particularly because our weak Aussie dollar. Fingers crossed!

The code didn't work (tried it this weekend). Contacted The Cab Factory via the form on the site, but heard nothing back.

No, it was during the whole weekend. Too bad; would have snatched it, but I think the normal price is too high, especially with the current euro/pound rate.

I guess it's expensive, but for all you get I think it's well worth it even at full price.

Platinum is massive. HUGE amount of content, yet organized and well documented. If you are auditioning IRs or mixing your own in Cab Lab, the folder structure and naming conventions make it easy to drill down and find what you are after. More importantly though, from the small percentage of Andy's mix IRs I've had time to test so far it's obvious he has great ears. His mixes are probably better than anything I could come up with and are a great time-saver. On top of that you get his merged Preset\Cab collection that I raved about previously. Then there's the free future updates and TAF-Xchange benefits...

I want to ask - then the we can expect new sound samples? They are very well help to choose the right sound!

Last edited:
I've been camping on the 2x12 V30 M160 DPA4011 mix for a while now in my main gigging preset. It's been good.

Decided to spice it up today and flipped through some alternative captures. HOLY COW! Those Wizard 2x12 captures are really excellent! I'm in love with a few different Wizard mixes right now but I'll probably settle on the 2x12 Wizard C414 SM57 mix. It's got some nice low end without begin woofy and a little top end that cuts without hurting.

Hey Andy, I bought the premium package on Sunday... and I haven't received any notification for access, could you look into why.... maybe Im missing something?
Thanks.
Steve

Hey Guys.. - sorry Ive not been around recently, but workload (For other projects) has taken every ounce of my time.
Just to update you on a few things.

In the background we are re-doing our websites (super cool and fresh) - so it makes browsing, playing samples and everything general so much better experience. (Plus including our new Cab Plugin too (shamless plug)

We will also be updating the Presets to be more inline with Quantum & uploading some more free "Platinum Cabs" - this work will start in a few weeks. that will be free updates to everyone.

Ok.. now the official update is over, just want to say thanks to everyone for continued support, here and via email and PM's - we have some good stuff going forwards, and Im so happy that you guys are really digging into the crazy amount of options I supplied with the Platinum!.

Ive not even had the time to even try Quantum yet, so Im very much looking forward to digging in myself!.

be well.
A

Hey Guys.. - sorry Ive not been around recently, but workload (For other projects) has taken every ounce of my time.
Just to update you on a few things.

In the background we are re-doing our websites (super cool and fresh) - so it makes browsing, playing samples and everything general so much better experience. (Plus including our new Cab Plugin too (shamless plug)

We will also be updating the Presets to be more inline with Quantum & uploading some more free "Platinum Cabs" - this work will start in a few weeks. that will be free updates to everyone.

Ok.. now the official update is over, just want to say thanks to everyone for continued support, here and via email and PM's - we have some good stuff going forwards, and Im so happy that you guys are really digging into the crazy amount of options I supplied with the Platinum!.

Ive not even had the time to even try Quantum yet, so Im very much looking forward to digging in myself!.

be well.
A
Excellent news, Andy! Good to hear you are back. I'm looking forward to the updated presets and free cabs.

Andy, you will enjoy Quantum 2.0. Glad you're back at it, and able to diversify your many talents.

Is there any way to monitor for sales on the big box? Having a discount of some type would most certainly sway my decision to purchase.

Back
Top Bottom