BigBox librarys OUT NOW!

hah! - Soon my good friend soon. - Ive already captured the Marshall.. sounds amazing.. the rest is yet to be done!.. I'll release it all as a package rather than drip feed!. as thats the way I lke to do things!...dont worry you'll know when its ready! : )

Hi Andy can you help me with a preset to get this sound of matthias jabs i 'll pay whatever it cost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATqIE4fRy1c

Hail, that's not so hard.. but the price, is a Million.

(You did say whatever it costs.. right) :)

Serious, a Plexi Jumped will get you there. - Use any celestion, but to me they sound like Lead80 Speakers. - although there seems to be some trickery there, as either its a real bad version of that song, or the tape heads when it was recorded really needed changing, as the guitars are slowed down (on purpose) by 5% or so. (used to be an old recording trick, although some still do it today) Tune up half cent, then slow tape down to match.. got a fuller sound.. and it did nicer thnoings with transents.

Anyway, Grab a Plexi (or a marshall jumped of choice) - load a celestion speaker. (GH30, 25, 65 or Lead80) Creams not Greens..greens are the wrong sound totally. - Boost the trebble, but remove the presence on guitar 1, you want a darker sound, but need the midrange!.

Then on the other guitar, do exactly the opposite. - you will want to kill the trebble, but raise the presence. - this will give the fuller Double track. (and also sounds like ti was on a Paul, or even a SG) so Bridge Humbucker. and Neck on 2nd take.

Sort of.

:)

I have to say this again: these IRs are among the best on the planet. Anyone who hasn't purchased these hasn't heard what the Axe-Fx is capable of, errrr, of what capable is the, uhhhh, capable of is what...

It is golden for me to hear you say this cliff, thanks very much for the compliments, but we all know, your the man worthy of the credit. - your design ability and sound extraordinaire is paramount. and therefore what we do is nothing but the icing on the already amazing cake!

So I raise my glass and say Hoohahh! (or something)

Now i'm curious...

which bundle should i try :cat:

I think Silver, at the bare minimum, is where you should start. You get the mix IRs, the presets -- it's a good combination and the price isn't too awful.

There are, as Cliff said above, really exceptional IRs. The 2x12 V30 mixes are stellar.

How do you even load the free samples? I am on v20B, Axe Edit 3.2. I loaded one of the presets but there is no cab there???? I thought that was what this was supposed to demo. Also, Axe Edit shows all my user cab slots as empty. Is this a total no go on v20b. I know Axe Edit has to be updated for new features but all my 235 user cabs that are there is not a new feature. Totally lost at this point LOL!

How do you even load the free samples? I am on v20B, Axe Edit 3.2. I loaded one of the presets but there is no cab there???? I thought that was what this was supposed to demo. Also, Axe Edit shows all my user cab slots as empty. Is this a total no go on v20b. I know Axe Edit has to be updated for new features but all my 235 user cabs that are there is not a new feature. Totally lost at this point LOL!

There are bugs in the current 20.00 beta firmware that will make auditioning the presets with embedded cab IRs not possible. Use the last, stable release for now if you want to try these.

Now i'm curious...

which bundle should i try :cat:

Any that you fancy : ) - remember the new Bundles are on "TheCabFactory" website, and not TAF site.

I cant comment on the right one for you, but head over there, and read the descriptions to see what suits you best. - The Platinum is expensive. BUT.. for what you get. its absolute nothing!.. really.

There are bugs in the current 20.00 beta firmware that will make auditioning the presets with embedded cab IRs not possible. Use the last, stable release for now if you want to try these.

Too bad. The de-phase is a godsend for me to get a lot of IRs to sound right to my ear. I know the final version will be out "soon" so I will wait until then. Thanks!

Too bad. The de-phase is a godsend for me to get a lot of IRs to sound right to my ear. I know the final version will be out "soon" so I will wait until then. Thanks!

Honestly: mixes from these packs don't need dephase AFAICT. Dephase is great for notchy, peaky IRs that wouldn't otherwise be useful, but Andy has really mixed these so well I find it wholly unnecessary to use dephase on them.

It may be some other issue because I had the same issue and I'm on the FW 19 official release. I downloaded several samples patches and can only get one to load properly with the cab.

Back
Top Bottom