Big Wreck's Locomotive: AC/DC meets RATM meets Audioslave meets Zep?

Ian is one of my fro singers/musicians/players period. Whether it's Wreck or his old Thornley stuff...he's so stinking good. Shame more aren't up on him...

Thornley has always come up with cool unique vibes & hooks to his songs. True shame he doesn't get more recognition.

Ghost is my favorite Album. There has been a lot of talk about Andy wood Lately . When these two get together at the Suhr parties they always sound amazing.

So glad to see other Big Wreck fans on here! So... anyone build out Big Wreck sounding presets for the AxeFX? I'd love to work on this with someone. I'm on the II XL+.

@yek - have you tried your hand at a Big Wreck preset? His tone seems so simple but so complex all the same. Suggestions on amps and cabs to try? No PT100s or Hedgehogs in the Ax8 firmware so I usually wind up on a 1987x.

@groovenut good call on Brother Cane. Got to spend some formative time with Damon Johnson. He definitely inspired a young me and steered me in a good direction career-wise,

Nope. IIRC he used a Fortin and an SLO a few years ago, before switching to the Suhr amp.

I can't replicate the Distortion fuzz using the available models. Try a slightly dirty Marshall-ish amp (not too bright), with the Bender Fuzz (with Drive and Tone turned up).

Nope. IIRC he used a Fortin and an SLO a few years ago, before switching to the Suhr amp.

I can't replicate the Distortion fuzz using the available models. Try a slightly dirty Marshall-ish amp (not too bright), with the Bender Fuzz (with Drive and Tone turned up).

Huh, that’s an interesting idea. I never thought of his tone as all that “fuzzy”, but I will give that a go with the 1987x

Back
Top Bottom