• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Big Wreck's Locomotive: AC/DC meets RATM meets Audioslave meets Zep?

electronpirate

A new band to follow! Found some great clips on youtube...especially the Suhr Factory party.

In some ways this makes me sad. A band this good should have more airplay. Although, from what I've seen, very little attention is around the other band members (outside of an excellent bass solo that I've found.) But what a talent.

NeoSound

Fractal Fanatic
A new band to follow! Found some great clips on youtube...especially the Suhr Factory party.

In some ways this makes me sad. A band this good should have more airplay. Although, from what I've seen, very little attention is around the other band members (outside of an excellent bass solo that I've found.) But what a talent.
I've listened a little of Ian's solo stuff and I think they are all definitely better together.

Reactions: yek

iaresee

A band this good should have more airplay.
Wife and I grew up with Big Wreck. They were HUGE in Canada in the 90s. I played Locomotive for her yesterday and her first response was, "I guess they've given up on writing songs that get radio play." Sounds harsh, but what she was saying was they're done chasing the dragon and now they do the stuff they love and their fans love and they don't care about the general public loving them more because CFNY or whatever picked up their single and put it into rotation.

They're not bigger because they opted to do exactly what they love to do instead of what radio success required them to do.

That being said, In Love Memory Of... had like 4 radio singles that charted in Canada. Maybe 5...can't remember if Overemphasizing charted or not. That was their "let's try this dragon chasing thing" album and it's stellar.

jlynnb1

Fractal Fanatic
Ian is one of my fro singers/musicians/players period. Whether it's Wreck or his old Thornley stuff...he's so stinking good. Shame more aren't up on him...

MK-9

New here
Thornley has always come up with cool unique vibes & hooks to his songs. True shame he doesn't get more recognition.

Kdog

Inspired
Ghost is my favorite Album. There has been a lot of talk about Andy wood Lately . When these two get together at the Suhr parties they always sound amazing.

John Hamulak

New here
So glad to see other Big Wreck fans on here! So... anyone build out Big Wreck sounding presets for the AxeFX? I'd love to work on this with someone. I'm on the II XL+.

Top Bottom