Big Wreck Streaming Show Tonight (July 1)

The performance was great, however there were a lot of streaming issues. I missed large parts of several songs due to buffering problems. I checked my download speed and I clocked in at 335 mbps, so there must have been a bottleneck somewhere else.

It is weird to see a live show without an audience. Makes you realize how much an audience contributes to the vibe and energy of a live show.

Hopefully there's an official version at some point, with better audio. Not the worst, but

The sound on the video is probably crap because it’s likely a screen capture using QuickTime. It’s known for reducing sound quality.

The live video had much better sound, except for when there were streaming issues.

I wish Big Wreck would put out some live albums. I would buy them in a heartbeat!

The sound on the video is probably crap because it’s likely a screen capture using QuickTime. It’s known for reducing sound quality.

The live video had much better sound, except for when there were streaming issues.

I wish Big Wreck would put out some live albums. I would buy them in a heartbeat!

Ian was asked if they were gonna officially release one of the liestreams they did last year, or maybe it was on the last tour. Anyway, he said the songs have license with different companies so he has no way of getting them all together. So sadly it doesn't seem likely to happen

Ian was asked if they were gonna officially release one of the liestreams they did last year, or maybe it was on the last tour. Anyway, he said the songs have license with different companies so he has no way of getting them all together. So sadly it doesn't seem likely to happen

Ugh. That’s a bummer.

I guess I’ll have to just buy a plane ticket to go see Big Wreck. I’ve always wanted to visit Canada!

Ugh. That’s a bummer.

I guess I’ll have to just buy a plane ticket to go see Big Wreck. I’ve always wanted to visit Canada!

Same here, didn't discover them until after their last visit to the UK. Can't see them being over here anytime soon

The thing for me was Thornley; he had an interlude playing while the band was in tacet, and that man had a fire in him. It was like the whole audience was being kissed by flames coming off of his feel. I remember it was a huge thing that changed my ideas of what could constitute a powerful tone; up until that point, my ideal was only ...And Justice for All by Metallica haha. He was just electric, and I remember wondering, "Why the hell would anyone go onstage if they had less passion than this?" It was just a pure display of raw emotional power, almost like watching a master actor change the air in the room just by walking on stage; it was that palpable.

The thing for me was Thornley; he had an interlude playing while the band was in tacet, and that man had a fire in him. It was like the whole audience was being kissed by flames coming off of his feel. I remember it was a huge thing that changed my ideas of what could constitute a powerful tone; up until that point, my ideal was only ...And Justice for All by Metallica haha. He was just electric, and I remember wondering, "Why the hell would anyone go onstage if they had less passion than this?" It was just a pure display of raw emotional power, almost like watching a master actor change the air in the room just by walking on stage; it was that palpable.
You're making me really want video of that performance. Does such a thing exist?

You're making me really want video of that performance. Does such a thing exist?

Oh Man, I have no idea! This was the Falling Into Infinity tour for Dream Theater at what was then called the Capital Ballroom in DC. There may be bootlegs out there, but even if they existed, I question whether there would be footage of the opening act. I had never heard of Big Wreck before that, and all I cared about was the hope that Dream Theater might possibly play A Change of Seasons, which they did not. But the big thing I learned was that guitar mastery comes in all styles, and that an artist can move you in a way you totally did not expect. Also I learned that even if you trust your best friend, otherwise a tremendously smart guy, to navigate the map for you while you drive, don't trust that he will automatically pay attention to the quadrant suffix of a street name, e.g. X Street SE vs X Street NW, and you may get lost, end up in a different part of town entirely than you intended, and have your car rushed by a group of maybe eight dudes! Guaranteed to wake you up more effectively than a cup of coffee.

Oh Man, I have no idea! This was the Falling Into Infinity tour for Dream Theater at what was then called the Capital Ballroom in DC. There may be bootlegs out there, but even if they existed, I question whether there would be footage of the opening act. I had never heard of Big Wreck before that, and all I cared about was the hope that Dream Theater might possibly play A Change of Seasons, which they did not. But the big thing I learned was that guitar mastery comes in all styles, and that an artist can move you in a way you totally did not expect. Also I learned that even if you trust your best friend, otherwise a tremendously smart guy, to navigate the map for you while you drive, don't trust that he will automatically pay attention to the quadrant suffix of a street name, e.g. X Street SE vs X Street NW, and you may get lost, end up in a different part of town entirely than you intended, and have your car rushed by a group of maybe eight dudes! Guaranteed to wake you up more effectively than a cup of coffee.

I hate driving in DC. The layout of the roads makes no sense. I avoid it at all cost. Usually I pick up the Metro in Vienna and get around that way.

I hate driving in DC. The layout of the roads makes no sense. I avoid it at all cost. Usually I pick up the Metro in Vienna and get around that way.

I haven't lived in that part of the country for a while, but I didn't mind Northern VA / DC / Beltway MD it once I learned the layout enough. I lived in Richmond, and I hated it, so I'd drive north just to be in a place that was more multicultural. But at this point I've lived in a bunch of different parts of the country, and I'm really happy right now in Denver. I had to get used to the whole DC style quadrant street names in detail when I lived in Seattle and Portland, OR, and it was fine. I went to revisit Richmond ago years ago to see a friend, and just driving to the places I grew up triggered something like a nervous breakdown; I never want to go back. But DC might be cool to visit again, and to try the Metro. I saw a theater group put on a performance of Proof in DC, and it was one of the greatest nights of my life, so there are some things about that town that I'll never forget. Oh, and of course the museums.

It was a great show. It obviously wasn't streamed live as there were clearly some edits in between songs. Ian was handed one guitar before a tune, and when it started he was playing a completely different guitar. Still, the performance was amazing.

Sean Meredith-Jones

Back
Top Bottom