Big wave of buyer's remorse.....help calm me down.

I have the exact oposite problem: I have an AFX2 and I'm considering an MFC to remplace my crappy Midimate. I can't realy explain the logic to all this but I ended up thinking I could sell the Afx, get an Ax8 and save cash in the process... but then I just can't make the decision as I start overthinking all I would miss the AFX2.
I'm sure I'd be fine with the AX8 (I previously had a Standard) but It's been over two months trying to decide what I should do and I just can't find a way out the rabbit hole... and still own the glorious Midimate btw... Anyone?

I have a midimate and was thinking about using that with an XL+ before deciding to try the AX8 first, so I'm curious to hear your complaints about it. Once upon a time I thought having a pair of patchmates and a midimate would be a good idea :oops:

No complains really.
After a bit of extra time invested programing the thing, it works for my gigging needs: no complex patches, not using scenes, basic effects on-off (drive, delay, comp, external vol pedal for wah). I just had the cash for an MFC and thought I could upgrade my old midimate and benefit from the ease of use... Not gigging much lately so that's probably why I didn't just get the MFC and started considering the AX8.
Will probably end up getting an AX8 and then decide what I should keep... will probably keep both in the end.

Does anyone budget anymore? Good budgeting and good research are a great combo for avoiding buyers remorse. Do both? If so, fantastic! You just ordered yourself a great piece of kit!

That's how I did it. I downloaded the Axe manual a few years ago, watched lots of videos, and started reading this group -- all while slowly stashing away money.

The reason I would avoid the AX8 is the audio gap when switching between amp models or presets (Clean to High gain for example).
That can be avoided in the Axe FX by using two amp blocks in one preset (x/y switching doesn't solve it)
So, you've dodged a bullet there.
Also, the Axe FX can be used as an audio interface, which is far more convenient for recording.
Other than that, AX8 seems to be a better choice for someone with low requirements. I could probably get away with it, but the audio gap thing is my biggest pet peeve about the axe...

I spent a few days mulling over the purchase and if it was really going to be worth it. That was back when FW11 was the latest and greatest. Now is definitely the best time to get into the AxeFxII XL+ game. Once you get the hang of it you'll wonder why you didn't get one sooner. My tube amps have been sitting quietly ever since. Poor things.

Back
Top Bottom