Big Synth sound needed - by tomorrow night.... :o

chucma

Fractal Fanatic
Our keyboardist has realised he cannot use Main Stage and therefor has pulled out with 1 day to spare before we play tomorrow evening, leaving us with a pretty large gap in one song that needs a lot of synth lead effects. I can pretty much get a lot of them on my Axe FX, but I never play with synth so I'm really out of my depth here and need help please.

Basically there is a big lead, synth sound at 1:31 in the video below that I need to reproduce on my AFX. I've got some 'similar' sounding patches but they really sound cheesy in comparison (mostly I suspect because of my lack of synth experience).

Does anyone have something similar to the video that I might be able to get a copy of please?

Thanks guys,

Chuc!

@simeon, sorry to tag you in this thread but you are probably the best expert in this area that I know. Your synths all sound really good, however there aren't any that sound similar to the lead synth sound in the video. Do you think that the Axe FX can reproduce this sound? I have tried but the issue is firstly my experience with synth is lacking, and also that sound is very tailored for the keyboard and I'm probably clutching at straws to make it work on a guitar at such short notice.

Haha! It's cool, thanks for answering tho! It was for Thursday night that passed but also this Sunday coming. I used a MultiDelay block with a Friedman BE cos I couldn't get the synth lead sound quite there. For Sunday I am going to have to try something different because the lead bit got totally lost in the mix whereas my other guitar parts cut through perfectly.

If you do have any tips for getting the synth sound then I will listen eagerly, however if not then I think I'm just going to go with the Friedman BE and a bit of reverb; hopefully will cut through the mix better.

Thanks again for responding tho!

just had a listen to the sound on the video and i'm not sure it's possible anyway, due to the hard attack it has. all my gear is packed up at the moment, so i can't even have a play about. sorry, dude

Back
Top Bottom