big random crackle from Axe FX 2 XL+ via speaker

look at the cpu, if over 90% with the edit on you can get some strange clicks and pops, or also preset and scene chances with x-y changes and some effects with some bypass modes can cause pops

yeah i understand those situations, but nah, cpu is fine and im not using X/Y, its when the unit is just sitting there. Its not often at all, but gives you a little fight when it does, and i wonder what it would be like live through a PA and the crowd goes, WOW, after a big crackle and pop?

no its not when playing only, its when you are just sitting there with the unit on, it will suddenly crackle, its not clipping, quite a harsh crack

You make it sound like this is happening on a consistent basis, can you record a clip so we can hear it too. And, can you also answer Paranoid 's initial question: do you have any other cables connected such as a USB? Are you also connected to a computer, either for recording or backing tracks?

like i said, it is an unknown, just seeing what others have had.. I am connecteed with USB for axe edit ofcourse. I havent used backing tracks, but you never know, it could be the audio on the PC that is trying to play back into the axe fx, i have had that before, even when i didnt point to the axe fx to hear the PC, so i most likely will find the culprit, but just putting it out there. its only very random, so i could catch it on video even if i tried.

1st reload you current or later firmware to eliminate that possibility. Next check your local noise gate levels and Global noise gate settings. Set global first, then add as little local till it disappears on a clean AND dirty amp. Tell us those settings.

I would unplug the usb and anything else besides the axe and clr if it happens when not even playing, and if no pops start reconnecting things until it returns. if it pops with everything unhooked I would unhook the clr and try headphones, this should narrow it down!

My A2 has been doing this for two years. I use a pair of qsc hpr122i speakers, and I started getting random cracks through them about two years ago around the time I got my basement remodeled. I assumed it was bad ground or a faulty appliance in the house since it doesn't happen when I set up anywhere else.

Back
Top Bottom