Big or small?

I’m thinking about adding a MIDI controller to have easier control over the FM3. I was thinking to keep it compact and use a 6 fs controller (Morningstar MC6 or Voes MX6). But another option could be a bigger controller (there’s a pre-owned Voes MX12 for sale at the moment). With all these buttons you could place the FM3 safely somewhere (not too far away) with this unit being more exposed (but much less expensive to replace when damaged). FM3 seems built like a tank though. Has anyone ever had anything happen to their FM3 or even the AX8? Would you miss anything not having the FM3 at your feet? Thoughts? (Pics: my current setup and an example of Voes MX12).

Attachments

• 1EDB6836-DC32-45A2-B0F9-CA234B065993.jpeg
    1EDB6836-DC32-45A2-B0F9-CA234B065993.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
  • D515CC1A-708B-423B-9DDF-32265C993127.jpeg
    D515CC1A-708B-423B-9DDF-32265C993127.jpeg
    68.9 KB · Views: 11
I’m thinking about adding a MIDI controller to have easier control over the FM3. I was thinking to keep it compact and use a 6 fs controller (Morningstar MC6 or Voes MX6). But another option could be a bigger controller (there’s a pre-owned Voes MX12 for sale at the moment). With all these buttons you could place the FM3 safely somewhere (not too far away) with this unit being more exposed (but much less expensive to replace when damaged). FM3 seems built like a tank though. Has anyone ever had anything happen to their FM3 or even the AX8? Would you miss anything not having the FM3 at your feet? Thoughts? (Pics: my current setup and an example of Voes MX12).

I have a Voes mx 18. Awesome and so easy to use.
Depending on what you want at your feet you decide how many buttons you need. I have the bottom line for presets, one button for scene up/down (press and press hold) Then 2 buttons for the looper (record and stop/start) Then every button has two functions for effects and one button to go to screen 2. There I have only scenes. I also love that you can set a button which changes the midi number for your CC pedal. I have 3 pedals attached so that gives me 6 CC options.
I kitchen sink every preset I can so I don't have to remember too much and so that when I press a button something actually happens haha.

I have an AX8 and it never Failed me. My mfc had a button fail on me but was repaired quickly by the repair center. I have an axe 2 and 2 mark 2 too. They also never failed me, but I must admit that I really am careful with my gear. I never let anyone else carry any of my stuff.

If something happens where you need to edit on your fm3 live, you're probably going to want it in front of you. Also, longer cable runs are riskier (trip hazard, points of failure) i'd go compact and up front personally.

Back
Top Bottom