Wish Big Muff Green Russian Tall Font Reissue - Ram's Head Reissue

Good morning friends!
This gorgeous Big Muff has the same circuit as the Civil War, and is easy to find compared to Vintage Muff.
My dream is that dear Cliff adds in addition to the Triangle, the last two Reissues from Electro Harmonix, Green Russian (Tall Font) and Ram's Head ... it would be a gift for all Gilmour Fans and beyond.
I hope so much! Thank you

Attachments

• zfALgPGzue-russian-1050x1200.jpg
    zfALgPGzue-russian-1050x1200.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 1573818498_1520378.jpg
    1573818498_1520378.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 6
Brit Floyd would finally be able to get a decent tone if only their Axe units had some proper Gilmour emulations huh ?

Fair enough!

We caught them a few years ago in Miami and both my father and I were raving about how well they got Gilmour's tones down. I can't remember if it was before or after the show that the big Fractal 'ad' popped up on the screen, which just drove my Fractal fanaticism through the roof.

I really need to do some digging on pedal guts and how they translate to the parameters in the III. I suppose that would be the non-lazy approach to getting certain pedal tones instead of begging for them in a wish thread.

Fair enough!

We caught them a few years ago in Miami and both my father and I were raving about how well they got Gilmour's tones down. I can't remember if it was before or after the show that the big Fractal 'ad' popped up on the screen, which just drove my Fractal fanaticism through the roof.

I really need to do some digging on pedal guts and how they translate to the parameters in the III. I suppose that would be the non-lazy approach to getting certain pedal tones instead of begging for them in a wish thread.

That’s the thing with Gilmour, he sounds like himself through some very different rigs, and other people can sound just like him with very different rigs as well (plus the chops)

On RW’s “the Wall” tour Dave K did all of Gilmours parts using a Suhr Riot and it sounded perfect. Bobby was nailing those tones with an Axe II before the drives, flanger etc was even updated to the III much less the latest and greatest FW12

even DG himself sounds spot on without even using a Muff, and dare I say, honestly better. His TDSOT live tones were using a boogie head and a Hm2 and Metalizer pedals. “Crap 80’s Boss stuff lol” but Hands down the best Comfortably Numb, Turning Away etc versions ive heard. Massive tone and the ce2 sounded seeet, the latest Pompei stuff where he had his original rams head sounded thin and lacking modulation in comparison, but still sounded exactly like DG

as such, I dont think any model added is going to make a big difference over the current tool box we’ve got. I own all the reissue muffs and they sound good, but they also don’t sound like Gilmour on their own, least when I play them lol

That’s the thing with Gilmour, he sounds like himself through some very different rigs, and other people can sound just like him with very different rigs as well (plus the chops)

On RW’s “the Wall” tour Dave K did all of Gilmours parts using a Suhr Riot and it sounded perfect. Bobby was nailing those tones with an Axe II before the drives, flanger etc was even updated to the III much less the latest and greatest FW12

even DG himself sounds spot on without even using a Muff, and dare I say, honestly better. His TDSOT live tones were using a boogie head and a Hm2 and Metalizer pedals. “Crap 80’s Boss stuff lol” but Hands down the best Comfortably Numb, Turning Away etc versions ive heard. Massive tone and the ce2 sounded seeet, the latest Pompei stuff where he had his original rams head sounded thin and lacking modulation in comparison, but still sounded exactly like DG

as such, I dont think any model added is going to make a big difference over the current tool box we’ve got. I own all the reissue muffs and they sound good, but they also don’t sound like Gilmour on their own, least when I play them lol

We certainly agree on the DSOT tones vs. the Pompeii tones! DSOT and PULSE era were my favorite Gilmour tones of all time and I can’t wait to get my Strat up and running to start programming some Gilmour presets. All my other guitars are way too high output to even bother right now.

Like I said, I really need to start digging into the parameters available for adjustment in the III’s pedals. I know nothing about pedal guts, so I’d be going completely off my ear and I only trust my ears about half the time. :D

I agree with all the folks saying Gilmour sounds like himself no matter the gear. The fuzzes and Muff in the axe fx doesn't not distort and saturate like a real one does. I mean a fuzz face has the same girth and saturation on its own from a low output single coil as well as a hotter single coil. The muff doesn't have that aggression and dirt and saturation as normal pedal does. And i really want it to be plug and play.....not tweak this tweak that.....the basic thing is missing.
So in my opinion, that needs to be sorted.

Necro bumping this because I’m seriously considering having to buy a HX Stomp to have a few different (and incredibly well executed, I must admit) Big Muff variants at my disposal when using the Axe III…which is a mighty shame, imo. I’d love for there to be a Green Russian and Rams Head in the Fractal! (And yes, I’ve tried and failed to match them, even with the wider control set offered in the fractal muff model in the drive block).

Back
Top Bottom