Big head Todd and an Axe Fx

Larry Mitchell

Power User
Hi guys. I am not sure if you've seen this but I just saw this over on the Gear page

Here's a recent update from one of the guys in their crew... straight from their blog section on their site:

When we are on the road, Todd is currently using a Mesa Boogie Lone Star Amp, with a pedal board that includes a Mesa Lonestar channel switcher, a T Rex Replica Echo/Tap Tempo pedal, a TC Electronics Vintage Overcrive pedal, a Roger Mayer Vision Wah pedal, along with a Voodoo lab Pedal power 2 Plus power supply and a Peterson Strobo Stomp 2 Tuner.
Keep in mind, he changes amps and pedals very often!!!
However, the Seattle show was a fly date for us, so we brought an FX rack and our Mesa boogie head and went direct with his signal. No speakers. It looks like he might be using this FX unit for the immediate future. Can't remember the name of it and it's packed away....

And another area talks about the FX unit, quoting Jeremy from the band:

It's called a Fractal Systems AxeFX ultra. I don't know why I know that.

WienerDog

I was front row center for BHTM's show in Burlington, VT a few weeks ago (I was so close that I got two high-fives from Todd during the show!!). Todd's amp/effect rig was as follows:

Roger Mayer Vision Wah
Some type of Volume pedal
Some type of Roland foot controller
A small rack right next to the foot controller with a Groove Tubes Solo unit (2 space) and a Fractal Audio Axe-FX Ultra (2 space)

I think he was running straight into the board, as there were no other amps in sight.

For guitars he used two Music Mans (a red Albert Lee model and one other model that was gold), a Les Paul, and a Taylor 12-string.

Larry Mitchell said:
Hi guys. I am not sure if you've seen this but I just saw this over on the Gear page

Here's a recent update from one of the guys in their crew... straight from their blog section on their site:

When we are on the road, Todd is currently using a Mesa Boogie Lone Star Amp, with a pedal board that includes a Mesa Lonestar channel switcher, a T Rex Replica Echo/Tap Tempo pedal, a TC Electronics Vintage Overcrive pedal, a Roger Mayer Vision Wah pedal, along with a Voodoo lab Pedal power 2 Plus power supply and a Peterson Strobo Stomp 2 Tuner.
Keep in mind, he changes amps and pedals very often!!!
However, the Seattle show was a fly date for us, so we brought an FX rack and our Mesa boogie head and went direct with his signal. No speakers. It looks like he might be using this FX unit for the immediate future. Can't remember the name of it and it's packed away....

And another area talks about the FX unit, quoting Jeremy from the band:

It's called a Fractal Systems AxeFX ultra. I don't know why I know that.

WienerDog

I was front row center for BHTM's show in Burlington, VT a few weeks ago (I was so close that I got two high-fives from Todd during the show!!). Todd's amp/effect rig was as follows:

Roger Mayer Vision Wah
Some type of Volume pedal
Some type of Roland foot controller
A small rack right next to the foot controller with a Groove Tubes Solo unit (2 space) and a Fractal Audio Axe-FX Ultra (2 space)

I think he was running straight into the board, as there were no other amps in sight.

For guitars he used two Music Mans (a red Albert Lee model and one other model that was gold), a Les Paul, and a Taylor 12-string.

Another Denverite using the Axe-fx :D

Great band

I played against Todd in a battle of the bands in a campus bar at CSU in '88.

The band I was in didn't win ;), but we did take second place.

So, is he hush hush about his Ultra or is he actually talking about it?

I'm not surprised at all, a few years ago he used Amp Farm (on a laptop) on tour. I talk to their production manager every now and then and he tells me that they change gear a lot. Sounds like he's pretty adventurous with his guitar rig and willing to try new things.

p

Back
Top Bottom