Big day today in the burrow house hold

scottburrow

Fractal Fanatic
Today my 22yr old graduates from NAU in Flagstaff, Arizona. The last four years just flew by, and I'm excited for him to move back home for six or so months, until he finds out where they are going to place him. He got a job before graduating, and this will be a job that travels, so he will definitely have fun. As I write this I am sitting in his dorm lobby, waiting to go down to the place where he will have his graduation ceremony at 1:00pm az time(yes we have our own time zone). This is a very proud day for me and my family, so I thought I'd share. I have a graduation next Friday as well for my youngest son he will graduate high school. That one is bitter sweet, because he's going to Colorado state in ft Collins Colorado, So I won't see him much the next four years.

Do you guys have any stories of transition?

My eldest moved out two years ago to study law en he does so successfully.
I regard the fact that he only comes home every 3 - 4 weeks as a sign that he's having a good time there. :)

My 2nd son finishes high school this year, and he's planning to travel China and India for 6 months.
I'm proud he's brave enough to want to undertake this at 18 years, although I'm gonna be worried as hell of course.

And my 3rd son still has 2 years high school to complete.

Congrats Scott! I can understand that you are proud!

Sorry I have to wait a few years to send my kids anywhere but primary school or day care, so no stories about that... :)

Jens

Congrats Scott, my one and only daughter is only 5 years old so I haven't such important stories to tell (but today she had a 6 km bike ride!)
I think that every father has somehing to be proud everyday of when his children grow up ;)
Enjoy this day!

And we wait.

tapypaju.jpg

Scott,
Thanks for sharing with the Axe FX community! I like that we all (or at least many of us) feel so connected that we're happy to share important moments in our lives.

Good luck to you and your whole family!
Bob

Congrats and good fortunes to him on the start of his career Scott. I'm years behind you with a 2.5 year old little lady, but I look forward to seeing her grow up and conquer the world. Cheers...

I'm pretty sure that I can see the faintest green glow of an AXE FX in the back ground of the family grad photo Scott. Do we have another AXE FX sighting here - Ha

Congrats my friend - High 5 to your son!

Back
Top Bottom