Bidirectional midi?

With a FAMC or RJM or even the Voes you will have full MIDI capability to operate other MIDI equipment - something you apparently will not have with the FC6/12... making the other boards much more flexible (if you want to do more than Control the III). The small converter box with phantom power are cheap and simple and once in the back out the rack you would never know...
Not true. Extensive midi control of other devices is already in the III.
http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2/index.php?title=Scene_MIDI_block

Last edited:
My M-Box will split a 7-Midi signal into Power, Midi In ad Midi out

More info on voes.be/vbox.html
m-box-tmb.jpg

m-box2-tmb.jpg

Not true. Extensive midi control of other devices is already in the III.
http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2/index.php?title=Scene_MIDI_block
I mean controlling from the FC itself, for example sending out info (PC/CC) on a different MIDI chan via momentary switch etc to another MIDI device. ..The MIDI block only sends out commands when you change scenes etc - a great thing to have but quite a different thing...Personally I think FAS is shooting themselves in the foot by limiting the capabilities of the FC6/12 particularly from what the MFC-101 could do with MIDI, this I gues will be good news for RJM, FAMC and Vose (you really need to check out the MC-10).
The Axe III is fantastic though all the same :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I mean controlling from the FC itself, for example sending out info (PC/CC) on a different MIDI chan via momentary switch etc to another MIDI device. ..The MIDI block only sends out commands when you change scenes etc - a great thing to have but quite a different thing...Personally I think FAS is shooting themselves in the foot by limiting the capabilities of the FC6/12 particularly from what the MFC-101 could do with MIDI, this I gues will be good news for RJM, FAMC and Vose (you really need to check out the MC-10).
The Axe III is fantastic though all the same :rolleyes:
From what I have read, the FC's are not midi. They are Fractal's proprietary system that goes far beyond midi. Since none of us have one & the FC integration is not finished in the III, none of us can say what it can & can't do. What I posted says the III can control other devices by midi now. It may not yet be to the extent you want, but as I said, we don't know what that extent will be until the FC's are released.

From what I have read, the FC's are not midi. They are Fractal's proprietary system that goes far beyond midi. Since none of us have one & the FC integration is not finished in the III, none of us can say what it can & can't do. What I posted says the III can control other devices by midi now. It may not yet be to the extent you want, but as I said, we don't know what that extent will be until the FC's are released.
No... We've already been told there is NO midi from the FCs. Any midi would come from the Axe Fx.

Possibly there could be additional ability to send midi without a scene or preset change in the future (by button press on the FC). I think that would make everyone happy.

No... We've already been told there is NO midi from the FCs. Any midi would come from the Axe Fx.

Possibly there could be additional ability to send midi without a scene or preset change in the future (by button press on the FC). I think that would make everyone happy.
Which is EXACTLY what I said. The FC is NOT midi. "From what I have read, the FC's are not midi."

Which is EXACTLY what I said. The FC is NOT midi. "From what I have read, the FC's are not midi."

All the more reason to go for RJM, X-Series (soon Iv heard), Voes etc...
It’s a real shame FAS has gone backwards with the MIDI capabilities in the F.C. but... the other MIDI pedals will work with anything and so would technically be a better purchase - they will even work with the Axe IV and I bet the F.C. won’t ;)

All the more reason to go for RJM, X-Series (soon Iv heard), Voes etc...
It’s a real shame FAS has gone backwards with the MIDI capabilities in the F.C. but... the other MIDI pedals will work with anything and so would technically be a better purchase - they will even work with the Axe IV and I bet the F.C. won’t ;)
You don't know that anymore than anyone else on this forum. You can go with whatever controller you want. I don't care. All I am saying is no one here knows what the FC's will be capable of doing. I doubt I will go with the FC due to the fact I am a self admitted midiot so it took a lot of time & effort to get the MFC up to 95% of what I was doing before. Since I put in so much time & effort, I see no reason at this point to spend more money to replace the MFC with anything so unless the FC's can wash my car & do my laundry, I probably won't buy one. However, that could change when the full specs & performance features are released.

Last edited:
The most important piece of the puzzle in all this is the FC. Until we have one in our hands, all we can do is speculate at what it can and can't do. Forming any sort of judgement is only going to mean that we will be limiting our thinking about how best to use it.

One of the key draws for the FC is going to be using it with Axe III Editor. Looking at my experience setting up the FX-8 with its editor and comparing that with the setup video for the GT/22 with the Axe FX III, it's pretty clear that you're going to be saving countless hours of work trying to set it up. Those of us that have used the editor for the FX and AX know how powerful and painless it is to set up your switching.

Back
Top Bottom