BIAS FX thoughts?

juanpmoran

Inspired
So lately i´ve been digging into this plug in (some serious tones and effects), it seems the first effects plug worth the time and effort to study and understand.

Any users on the forum? impressions?

Check this tone:

Pretty cool! I have dabbled with Bias a few times, and always have fun, but every time I plug back into the axe it's like a breathe of fresh air

My biggest gripe is the lack of updates to improve sound quality. They could give two ***** about the sound engine imo. It is flawed for high gain amps. I think the cleans are good. They are usable, but the high gain amps absolutely do not sound usable. Your tone sounds sweet though, I think Bias does cleans well, and the effects sound ok. Just think they should fix the sound engine for high gain, and amp match. Its not what it could be.

I've been really disappointed with Bias and Bias FX, both (desktop versions). I think a lot of people fall in love with the interface but I have been underwhelmed with the tone and feel; does not live up to the hype, IMHO.

It's cool, nice as a quick practice thing or in a hotel room. Has a harshness I had a hard time dialing out. IMHO. Interface leaves everyone else in the dust.

I actually tend to use it more and more when reamping recordings because - let's be completely honest here - in a busy mix the subtle nuances in tone won't be audible anyway.

The UI is simply fantastic and I love the cloud system. It completely blows any other guitar plugin away quality-wise.
It is just more convenient for me to reamp with this software than having to hook up the Axe. When I have a mix where the guitar is heard dry in (almost) isolation, I still hook up the Axe, but otherwise I go with Bias.

That being said that all only goes for reamping. The latency just kills any attempts of direct recording or live usage for me.

For a beginner that wants to step into mixing or effects work for the first time I would absolutely recommend it. The UI is great and for the price you just won't get a better deal.
For those that actually play live ... uh ... not so much. It's a pure home-studio application, imho.

Nice interface, good features, mmm'ok tone at best. There's just something in the mid and high-gain tones that sounds weird to me.
For modeling software I prefer Amplitube 4.

Back
Top Bottom