Beware eBay Fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
It has come to my attention that the Axe-Fx is now being used in the infamous Western Union scams.

If you are looking to buy an Axe-Fx from someone other than us or one of our authorized dealers be cautious. If the seller asks to be paid by Western Union, run, don't walk, away.

Yeah, I've noticed them lately - those creeps are so terribly predictable. They pick a hot-selling ebay item then hijack someone's ebay account. Luckily, it's pretty easy to pick out the fraud auctions. Here's a few things to keep an eye out for:

1. The seller tells you to 'EMAIL ME BEFORE YOU BID!' to tell you about a 'special price'. DEAD GIVEAWAY.
2. Western Union.
3. The seller is selling 10 or 20 extremely popular electronic items. (look at their other items for sale)
4. The item is priced too good to be true (i.e. an Ultra for $1200)
5. The pictures used in the auction are easily found on the first or second page of a Google Images search.
6. The seller replies to your inquiries in broken english and seems overly accommodating and reassuring (i.e. willing to drastically drop the price for a quick sell)

If you're still iffy about whether an auction is legit, one good way to smoke out scammers is to ask for a picture of their item next to a current newspaper. Or better yet, a picture of their Axe Fx next to that $75 iPhone and $150 PS3 they're also selling :) - They won't be able to, without some obvious photoshopping, and you will have your answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom