Wish Better tuner for AX8 and other (AXE, FX)

Totally agree that the tuner is very slow... Never use FA's tuner but TC poly.

Not my experience using the XL+

The tuner did go through a few iterations early on. Since then, it's completely sorted and works great.

No apparent slowness or accuracy problems for me. I typically don't change to the neck pickup or fiddle with tone settings either. Solid as any other tuner I own, Peterson Stomp, Peterson iStrobe on iPad, Korg, various headstock clip ons.

Hi,

at least speaking about my pedal steel, both Axe Fx II and Peterson strobe HD are more accurate than the guitar (string warming).
The trick is, watch the rotating dial, not the arrows.

I've never understood the complaints about the tuner. It works fine for me. But then again I also use my ears a lot. But it works as advertised. I suppose if I were setting the harmonics on the bench I'd use something else. I guess. Come on, isn't this just geeky talk for the sake of geeky?

I really like the tuner on the AX8. But, I don't use it during performances. I really have found the TC Polytune's ability to, well, polytune to be crazy useful. One strum lets me check and make sure every string is reasonable.
If AX8 grew an ability like that, I would be completely fine with it! But it's otherwise a great tuner.

i use the ax8 tuner to tune up works great at shows between song after crazy whammy bar shit ill use my tv ploytune to check

this also happens to me. The Ax8 tuner is all over the place even before turning the tuners, I have to keep a TC Polytune close by, it takes me 5 seconds to tune the guitar, while the Ax8 is still trying to find the tuning of one string.

A quick and easy "workaround" that helps improve tuning speed and accuracy in general is to select the neck pickup and roll off the tone control when tuning. I've found it helps the tuner pick up the fundamental and is especially helpful when you're doing multiple takes in the studio.

I have ALWAYS struggled with tuners on any kind of multiFX / modeler rack or pedal - the AX8 (I'm a new user) is excellent in the tuner department. I expected it to suck based on past experience with other stuff but I am super pleased with the speed and accuracy. I'm not sure if this entire thread was started by a troll? Or someone with a malfunctioning unit?

this also happens to me. The Ax8 tuner is all over the place even before turning the tuners, I have to keep a TC Polytune close by, it takes me 5 seconds to tune the guitar, while the Ax8 is still trying to find the tuning of one string.
Can you make a video of this? Sounds like a malfunction or it's setup wrong. This is definitely not the experience of most users.

I'm coming from a Helix and the AX8 tuner is far, far better. The Helix note would jump all over the place, going sharp then flat, etc. The AX8 tracks the note very well without jumping around. My favorite tuner is a Polytune Clip which admittedly seems a little quicker to get to pitch, but the two tuners agree and I would have no problems sticking with just the AX8. Also, it doesn't buzz on my headstock which is nice.

Tuner seems quite okay,it may be the guitar setup that is a bit off,i will say that im a fan of tc poly tune,it just works fast and not much jumping around as it sometimes does with the ax8 tuner, all in all good tuners ax8 may just be more sensitive (better ?)

When I tune with a Peterson strobe tuner and then check that dead on tuning with my Axe FXii the axe fx tuner is always off. No matter what guitar I use. I have checked to make sure both tuners are set to A 440.

I use the tuner on my AX8.
It's very accurate but it is slower than others.
Not a problem for me...I tune before the set and my guitar stays in tune during the set.
If I have to continually tune my guitar...that tells me my guitar is wack, not the tuner.

Back
Top Bottom