Better than friedman and 5150 on axefx?

I noticed a lot of people been using friedman or 5150 as their main tone ( for rock/metal ). I use 5150 blue myself as i can't get that tone i want from other amps. Suggestions?

I noticed a lot of people been using friedman or 5150 as their main tone ( for rock/metal ). I use 5150 blue myself as i can't get that tone i want from other amps. Suggestions?

Do you want a different tone? If not, stay with the 5150. Otherwise, I would suggesting setting up a looper block at the beginning of the signal chain and cycling through amps to get an idea of what they sound like.

Really, though, the IR is probably going to make as much, if not more difference with what you hear for rock/metal.

I like a specific tone and playing a friedman or a 5153 blue is my go to amp. Tried to tweak a recto one time. Too bright and when i boost the low end it sounds like im in a tunnel lol

I like a jcm800mod and rectifier orange and tweak to get rid of sizzle. For live stuff. It has balls. It does not translate well to recording. I am new to the axe fx(any variation) and have found alot of the sounds sit in a mix well but sound like shit with the band. I am running it with two jblsrx715s with no cab or power amp.

Jvm green or orange are very good in f15!
Maybe similar to friedman but a little clearer and open sounding

Splawn Nitrous is really nice !!

I set few patches with different Drive \ Master settings , very rich and musical . Best results for me was with a OH HGE Diezel Chinese 8ohm V30 and a second cab with Peter Thorn Div By13 G12 ...
With my Les Paul Standard PUs sings awesome

Back
Top Bottom