Wish Better spring reverb

jzucker

Experienced
When auditioning some of the dedicated spring reverb pedals such as Ventris or Flint, the reverb sounds more rich and "authentic" than the spring reverb on the Fractal. (Or maybe I just don't have the parameters set right?) I'm also using reverb at the end of the chain after the speaker so maybe that's part of it?

But the other day, I went over to a friend's house who has 4 old Fender Twin reverbs (3 BF and one silverface) and the reverb was just so rich and full sounding. I've never gotten that out of the fractal.

Unless I'm doing something really wrong with the spring reverb in the fractal, my plan is to get the ventris pedal and use it in the loop of the fractal though I'd really rather not if its something fractal is going to enhance but seeing as how it's really only old timers that love spring reverb, I'm guessing it's not high priority! :D

Put the reverb in front the cab block if you want it to sound like a pedal in front of an amp. Play with the high-cut / low-cut dials.

not in front of the amp? I've tried it in front of the amp and it sounds cool for clean but not dirty...

Not being helpful here, just commenting that the spring reverb on the Axe-Fx III is different, and really good, in my opinion. I compared it favorably to a large dedicated hardware spring reverb.

Not being helpful here, just commenting that the spring reverb on the Axe-Fx III is different, and really good, in my opinion. I compared it favorably to a large dedicated hardware spring reverb.

any demos online of that? You are just tempting me more and more to upgrade!

The updated spring on the III sounds amazing.

Compares nicely with my Princeton Reverb and I also had a Ventris. Honestly didn’t like any of the Ventris settings, unrealistic “drip” to my ears, though ironically I used to like the boss fv1 pedal which had a sampled drip effect lol.

The III is for sure a nicer spring sound though and when you look at the price of a Ventris, your nearly 1/5 of the price of a III

The updated spring on the III sounds amazing.

Compares nicely with my Princeton Reverb and I also had a Ventris. Honestly didn’t like any of the Ventris settings, unrealistic “drip” to my ears, though ironically I used to like the boss fv1 pedal which had a sampled drip effect lol.

The III is for sure a nicer spring sound though and when you look at the price of a Ventris, your nearly 1/5 of the price of a III
the ventris I was looking at was the smaller (true spring) and it's only $230

Put the reverb in front the cab block if you want it to sound like a pedal in front of an amp. Play with the high-cut / low-cut dials.

I tried that as well as in front of the amp, still not close to a real fender reverb. kind of a shame that I have to buy a reverb pedal for this.

plus, IMO we need the ability to insert an effect in between the preamp and output section of the amplifier in order to truly capture a fender amp vibe

Thread cleaned up. Please behave everybody. Let's stay on-topic.

Back
Top Bottom