BETA TESTERS: Have you found

V10 + Edit TNP released at the same time will cause the Internet to explode!!!

I predict a 7-8 pm Friday release. Cliff can surely get thru 12 amps in 3 days!!!

Will we be able to turn off MIMIC modeling? If this is the case it means that it is something diferent than change the modeling to prior versions right?

That`s a update i like. Not soon, in 7 days or later today. Just "i got this and that to do before it`s done".

No timeframe, but it`s cool to see what the mans got to do before our warm hands get to play it. Me like.
I have no idea how fast or slow those things go. Mr Chase don`t know for sure either, so we can`t push an exact timeframe.

That`s ok. Because it will arrive. And whenever that is: WE ALL ARE READY, ARE WE NOT??:D

I have gigs this weekend.....hmmmm. I may have to wait if it is this week lol

....wonder if AE will be backwards compatible with 9.02 ?

Thanks for the update Cliff! Looking forward to all of this. It's cool to have a peek into the inner workings of this process.

The biggest challenge that I found was that after setting up my first patch, I couldn't stop playing long enough to move on and create my second patch :D

I can't think of any reason that this release would not be loved by all, the day after I got my hands on an early beta my KPA was sold on eBay. I'd had them both side-by-side for a year knowing that I could only keep one (or lose the Mrs), v10 made the decision easy!

Spence
My KPA has been on Craigslist a while. Time for the bay

Really close. I have about a dozen amps left to match. The code is done. It's just the grunt work of lugging the amps into the lab and hooking them up and running all the MIMIC tests that remains. Some amps are done quickly. Others can take some time if MIMIC indicates a discrepancy in the model which means I have to revisit the model and check for incorrect parameters. The goal is for the model to be as close as possible to perfect and let MIMIC clean up the fine details. MIMIC *can* completely warp an amp into another amp but then the tone controls will probably not work the same, etc. So, in theory, the model doesn't have to be very accurate if you are only interested in matching the amp at some given knob settings. However, I want the model to as perfect as possible so everything works just like the amp. FWIW, in many cases the new modeling is so accurate that it's nearly impossible to hear the difference with the MIMIC processing turned off.

The owner of the company actually takes the time to respond to personal questions and gives in depth answers like this! Amazing! I wish the owner of Wells Fargo would email me and explain how they could have possibly f'ed up my taxes instead of having to deal will some guy in India.

The owner of the company actually takes the time to respond to personal questions and gives in depth answers like this! Amazing! I wish the owner of Wells Fargo would email me and explain how they could have possibly f'ed up my taxes instead of having to deal will some guy in India.

Agreed. This is refreshing. Getting honest, grown-up answers to fairly basic questions. No more of the super-secretive 'countdown 10..9...8' bull***t posts that happened prior to the release of the Axe-FxII and the chaos/feeding frenzy that ensued afterwards. I'm looking forward to the FW release, and AE of course, but in the meantime, I'm enjoying V9 very much. I'm also glad it's not me lugging all those heavy amps about. My crumbling spine can't take that kind of abuse any longer.

Really close. I have about a dozen amps left to match. The code is done. It's just the grunt work of lugging the amps into the lab and hooking them up and running all the MIMIC tests that remains. Some amps are done quickly. Others can take some time if MIMIC indicates a discrepancy in the model which means I have to revisit the model and check for incorrect parameters. The goal is for the model to be as close as possible to perfect and let MIMIC clean up the fine details. MIMIC *can* completely warp an amp into another amp but then the tone controls will probably not work the same, etc. So, in theory, the model doesn't have to be very accurate if you are only interested in matching the amp at some given knob settings. However, I want the model to as perfect as possible so everything works just like the amp. FWIW, in many cases the new modeling is so accurate that it's nearly impossible to hear the difference with the MIMIC processing turned off.

Thanks Cliff ... awesome!

Cliff, thanks so much for the update.

I think many people (myself included) believed that since a beta firmware was in the hands of testers, it was essentially done. It makes a big difference to know that it's still being worked on and perfected.

Quote Originally Posted by FractalAudio View Post
MIMIC *can* completely warp an amp into another amp but then the tone controls will probably not work the same, etc.

Don't cross the streams..... ;)

any significant challenges with FW10? Anything that would negatively impact release that is?...just wondering if we are "really close" to release, or just "close"....?

Hey,

Laskyman has joined the Axe II club. Welcome back!

This new firmware release is going to be like getting new gear.

Gotta love it!!!!!!

This is all great news. This going to be a huge update. I have been listening to a lot of bands the last two days at SXSW, and I always say to myself, I can get that tone, I can get that tone. I see these guys lugging their amps down 6th street, and I'm thinking to myself, all you need is an Axe-fx in a 2space rack, with your guitar. The PA systems in all the bars have been excellent, and extremely loud, I love it. I heard more, hey buddy can you turn down the amp on stage please. Fractal fixes that.

Fractal for president......never mind.

Back
Top Bottom