• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Beta 9 test with the USA IIC+Brt/Dp, Stereo BBD and OH Zilla IR's

Black Bitch

Fractal Fanatic
Just got myself the Fremen's Pick Preset Pack and here is one of his Synth Patches with the USA IIC+Brt/Dp. I put the SPKR Comp knob on 5, changed to the Stereo BBD and used 2 212 Zilla IR's from the Ownhammer Heavy Hitters Collection 2 Cab Pack. What a great difference the SPKR Comp does to the sound - more warm and sweet. I love it on all the presets I've been trying so far.

Last edited:

Black Bitch

Fractal Fanatic
Wow...thank you very much Hubi - I just was having some fun with the Synth Patch. Its amazing what the SPKR Comp does to feel when I play. :cool:

guitarzen

Inspired
What I love about Speaker Comp is how it brings out the "chirp" on the unwound strings. Listen to all those great classic Marshall guitar tones and there's that chirp.
I can't wait to try Q9 beta this weekend for just this reason. I am extremely happy with the Plexi guitar tones and feel I've gotten with Q8.02, but A/B'ing them vs recorded clips of really good cranked Plexis everything lined up except the chirpiness of the unwound strings. I could never reproduce it with any advanced setting I tried. I love that this is getting improved.

is9582

Power User
Just got myself the Fremen's Pick Preset Pack and here is one of his Synth Patches with the USA IIC+Brt/Dp. I put the SPKR Comp knob on 5, changed to the Stereo BBD and used 2 212 Zilla IR's from the Ownhammer Heavy Hitters Collection 2 Cab Pack. What a great difference the SPKR Comp does to the sound - more warm and sweet. I love it on all the presets I've been trying so far.

Love it Tony!

LoPaN

Inspired
Man that sounds so nice, I was going to wait until the final release but I think you just convinced me to give Q9b a try :) Oh and I think I need to get Fremen's new preset pack, I've used the one of his older preset packs for a long time but this new one sounds fantastic.

Top Bottom