Beta 11 issues, No sound other than high pitched noise and several amp and global settings changed.

Uberthrall

Just uploaded beta 11 and now having issues with unit. I'm getting the message in the picture below on the display screen and a lot of my amps in various presets have been changed. Also, I'm getting areal high pitched type of static out of my speakers on every preset I try.

I did hit refresh after update, and also powered the unit down and back up to no avail. I also updated Axe Edit to the newest version as well. Any help is obviously appreciated.166956773_258889089223925_8858927791114830105_n.jpg

I'm embarrassed to to ask how do I access the system file....or send it? Probably more embarrassed to admit I didn't back up my files. If I were to revert to the previous beta I assume I'd be able to reverse the situation?

I'm embarrassed to to ask how do I access the system file....or send it? Probably more embarrassed to admit I didn't back up my files. If I were to revert to the previous beta I assume I'd be able to reverse the situation?
Fractal bot > Send tab

Here’s a video for the entire process

Thanks Chris, actually I have seen that video.....I should have remembered. So what I did was revert back to the previous beta 10. I still have the same issues. When I plug in I get no sound other than a real high pitched stream of white noise. It seems to me if I can get that prompt on edited preset change message to go away it, would solve the problem. I did go through all the global settings pages, but nothing seemed like a blatantly obvious solution.

Last edited:
Thanks Chris, actually I have seen that video.....I should have remembered. So what I did was revert back to the previous beta 10. I still have the same issues. When I plug in I get no sound other than a real high pitched stream of white noise. It seems to me if I can that prompt on edited preset change message to go away it, would solve the problem. I did go through all the global settings pages, but nothing seemed like a blatantly obvious solution.
there is an option in the front panel setup menu for the Prompt on Preset Edit. not at the gear now, not sure where it is exactly. Global?

anyway if you can find that, verify it's off. if it is off and that's showing up... hmm i don't know. maybe others have some ideas?

you can always contact official support - support.fractalaudio.com

i've not seen an issue like this with any of the 16 Betas, so might be something else.

Ok, so I did indeed find the Prompt on Preset Edit in the global section and deactivated it. However my amps are still about 50% changed like before and most importantly, I'm getting no sound other than the low key high pitched noise. I'm definitely pretty mystified at this point. I've uploaded 3 or 4 of these Cygnus betas.....which sound great btw, with no issues at all. It's definitely something with beta 11 my machine didn't like at all.

Ok, so I did indeed find the Prompt on Preset Edit in the global section and deactivated it. However my amps are still about 50% changed like before and most importantly, I'm getting no sound other than the low key high pitched noise. I'm definitely pretty mystified at this point. I've uploaded 3 or 4 of these Cygnus betas.....which sound great btw, with no issues at all. It's definitely something with beta 11 my machine didn't like at all.
can you edit your title? i think top right of the first post shows "Thread Options".

something like "High Pitched Noise in all amps after Beta 11" might get more eyes on this issue. the devs usually look for specific issues, or at least it helps to catch their eye.

Make a system backup and try resetting the system parameters: Setup -> Utilities -> Reset -> Reset System Parameters

This has solved unexplainable issues I couldn't track down before.

Last edited:
Thanks Jason, I just did that, and now I do have sound, and everything sounds good. However, the amps are still messed up. Changed in many scenes and channels, but worse. I can only select certain amps. For instance if I select a 5153 I'll get Carol Ann and so forth. This is happening at least 50% of the time.

Thanks Jason, I just did that, and now I do have sound, and everything sounds good. However, the amps are still messed up. Changed in many scenes and channels, but worse. I can only select certain amps. For instance if I select a 5153 I'll get Carol Ann and so forth. This is happening at least 50% of the time.
In Axe Edit or on the front panel? If it's Axe Edit, you need to manually refresh, Settings -> Refresh After Firmware Update.

Thanks guys, I sent an email to support. Also I did the refresh after firmware update. This was the second time I did it and it seems to have cleared up my issues from what I can tell after checking several of my presets. Not sure if I'm 100% out of the woods yet, but it's definitely way better than before.

I had the high pitched noise issue a few betas back, unfortunately while directing the first rehearsal I'd done in months. I found that reseting the I/O settings solved it for me.

Back
Top Bottom