Best work around to have amp channel independent from scenes?

Tahoebrian5

Fractal Fanatic
Ideally I’d like to be able to choose an amp block channel and have it stay put when choosing scenes.

I have one amp block with 4 different dirty amps setup, and a second amp block with 4 different cleanish amp sounds.

I’m thinking someone cleverer than I could come up with a way to make this happen!

you can't yet, they don't think it's important to be able to remove a block from scene change affect. in your case you have to decide what amp channel you want for what scene, if you change your mind midway through and want another amp channel for an effect scene, you have to do another preset programmed for your creative contingency or set up another controller to switch amp channels after you switch to the scene you want

So the best thing I can come up with is to setup one foot switch on the FC to increment the amp block channel, and then re-save the preset.

anyone know if there is a way to save a preset via foot switch?

they don't think it's important to be able to remove a block from scene change affect.
I think that is a gross over simplification.

Just because you or I would like something and it's easy to say doesn't mean it's easy to implement.

The mere idea of this is completely counter to what scenes were originally designed for, so I suspect it's probably a complicated issue to tackle.

I think that is a gross over simplification.

Just because you or I would like something and it's easy to say doesn't mean it's easy to implement.

The mere idea of this is completely counter to what scenes were originally designed for, so I suspect it's probably a complicated issue to tackle.

a selective block disconnection from a control system is pretty complicated i guess idk, i don't do programming but the function of having a block be unplugged from scene changes seems to me about as bread and butter as the block having its own bypass state. i guess could be simple, if scenes weren't the framework inside which everything else operates, sounds like if it's so difficult that would be understandable, if this use case wasn't accounted for in deciding how to set up a control hierarchy. idk, it would be a better user experience to be able to use it how u want without needing to think out specifically exactly what you want for each scene, the use case of effect scenes around a fixed core tone of [stuff] seems as basic of a use case as it gets

a selective block disconnection from a control system is pretty complicated i guess idk, i don't do programming but the function of having a block be unplugged from scene changes seems to me about as bread and butter as the block having its own bypass state. i guess could be simple, if scenes weren't the framework inside which everything else operates, sounds like if it's so difficult that would be understandable, if this use case wasn't accounted for in deciding how to set up a control hierarchy. idk, it would be a better user experience to be able to use it how u want without needing to think out specifically exactly what you want for each scene, the use case of effect scenes around a fixed core tone of [stuff] seems as basic of a use case as it gets
Scenes were designed to allow users a "preset within a preset" so to speak.

Being that a scene represents a "preset" consisting of block bypass and channel selection states of all blocks in the actual preset, that may be a major undertaking to work around it.

We don't know... Only Fractal can say.

Scenes were designed to allow users a "preset within a preset" so to speak.

Being that a scene represents a "preset" consisting of block bypass and channel selection states of all blocks in the actual preset, that may be a major undertaking to work around it.

We don't know... Only Fractal can say.
Indeed. Hard to know without looking at the code base. And even then I wouldn't know :)

Back
Top Bottom