Best Wishes For Cliff on His Upcoming Spinal Surgery!

Awesome Cliff !!
Speaking of scars..
I have an 8" scar on my left leg from full-blown Achilles surgery..
98% severed during a soccer game when I was "tackled from behind"..

Today has been a little rough. I felt pretty good the day after surgery because I had so much drugs in me. Neck and throat are quite sore. Trying to deal without taking any opioids.

My first surgery I was eating Vicodin, some mild addiction there towards the end. Second one, I tried not to take any at all unless I needed a break. It's tough. Hang in there. Side note: my wife had a paralyzed vocal chord after her neck surgery. Took months to come back, still not 100%.

My first surgery I was eating Vicodin, some mild addiction there towards the end. Second one, I tried not to take any at all unless I needed a break. It's tough. Hang in there. Side note: my wife had a paralyzed vocal chord after her neck surgery. Took months to come back, still not 100%.
Is this a relatively common surgery? I don't personally know anyone who's had it. How does one get or avoid this?

Today has been a little rough. I felt pretty good the day after surgery because I had so much drugs in me. Neck and throat are quite sore. Trying to deal without taking any opioids.
I have been told in the past that avoiding pain relief after surgery would inhibit my recovery but, mine were different circumstances. I don't know if it is bullshit but, consult the doc or have the wife give them call.

Feel better, Cliff

Is this a relatively common surgery? I don't personally know anyone who's had it. How does one get or avoid this?

Very common. I attribute mine to possibly guitar playing over the years looking down at the guitar, and more recent years viewing monitors at a down angle. I have my monitors at work and home elevated to eye level so I dont have to put strain on my neck. headbanging is also out.

the 8 hr time release otc Tylenol (acetaminophen) is the only thing I'll take for mostly occasional sinus headaches, no noticeable side effects - I took ibuprofen for years for arthritis pain then figured out it added to the problem.

Hope you feel better, has to be tough drinking, eating, sleeping.

The next day is a little rough. Was for me anyway but I had it done on my lower back. L4/L5. Can’t imagine around my neck area. Getting in and out of bed was a bit of a struggle but it got better over the next few days. Hang in there and take things slow. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Sounds like things are going normally, you can't go through that sort of invasion without pain. Hope the recovery is smooth!

Back
Top Bottom