Best Wishes For Cliff on His Upcoming Spinal Surgery!

All fixed. Surprisingly little pain for a five hour procedure. Already off the OxyContin. Nice four inch scar though.

Great to hear, Cliff! I had shoulder surgery a few years ago & even though I used OxyContin for a very short period of time, I still felt withdrawal symptoms. That )#&$)#*_@)(&@%&^(*)@_ is soooo easy to get addicted too!!

All fixed. Surprisingly little pain for a five hour procedure. Already off the OxyContin. Nice four inch scar though.
Great news Cliff. Scar stories? I got a 22" on my right gastrocnemius (tore my calf muscle on a duty call when I was on the fire dept.), but not as much a pain in the neck as yours. So glad all went well.

Good to hear and congrats on the outcome. You haven't missed much.

And stay away from large magnets.

That's great news and am glad everything is working out for you...:cool:

And stay away from large magnets.

My brother works with a guy who has a metal plate in his head...he freaks out new workers by pinning a piece of paper to his head with a magnet :p

Did you get them to install a neural interface so you can develop firmware without having to type? ;)

Great to hear all went well.

Yeah felt like a switch was cut off, the surgical pain is nothing compared to the the pre-surgical pain in my experience. As for the scar I tell people "you should see the other guy". :)

No collars now. They're putting a metal plate and four screws in my neck to hold everything together while the bones fuse.

Had that done myself fifteen or twenty years ago. Serious neck pain and progressive paralysis in my right arm and hand. As soon as I woke up everything was fixed, and I've been fine since. I've still got the x-rays showing my neck plate and screws. In and out of the hospital in less than 24 hours, but my neck was pretty sore for a while.

Hopefully your surgery will be successful as well.

Back
Top Bottom