Best Wishes For Cliff on His Upcoming Spinal Surgery!

Good luck tomorrow, Cliff! I hope you won't let the business come nag you during recovery.

Best of luck, I have similar neck issues, no surgery yet, but eventually, I imagine. Anyway, all the stuff's working great, most of the stuff people are asking for right now are wish list not bug fixes, so no worries, get well soon!

Is this basically what's happening?
prn85999DS.jpg

Man, that looks scary to me, must take some cojones to go through it. Best of luck to you Cliff, I hope all goes well!

No collars now. They're putting a metal plate and four screws in my neck to hold everything together while the bones fuse.

On the off chance, avoid Prilosec, Prevacid, Nexium and other protein pump inhibitors during recovery. I know someone who's exact same surgery failed because the bones never hardened around the screws. The whole thing fell apart in his neck. He quit taking Prilosec and had it redone with complete success.

On the off chance, avoid Prilosec, Prevacid, Nexium and other protein pump inhibitors during recovery. I know someone who's exact same surgery failed because the bones never hardened around the screws. The whole thing fell apart in his neck. He quit taking Prilosec and had it redone with complete success.

That's insane to even think about.

Here's to a speedy and healthy recovery Cliff! \m/

Don’t stop taking proton pump inhibitors all at once. It’s like taking the clamp off the fire hose and flooding your stomach with acid. This has to be done in a very controlled manner (ie over a month, alternating a day at a time) and I wouldn’t do it without my doctor specific oversight and recommendation.

And since we’re on the topic of drugs, only 15% of the population is at risk for opiate drug addiction. That means 85% roughly speaking are OK with these meds. The key red flag for any person taking opiates is does it trigger your brain’s pleasure/reward system inappropriately. Meaning do you experience euphoria when taking the drug?. This is not a “normal” reaction.

The normal reaction is drowsiness or even irritability, but don’t confuse the foggy sensation as being “high”. The high actually comes from the euphoria I mentioned earlier. That is an indicator that you will need to wean off the drugs as quickly as possible and not stay on a prolonged use path. Even potential opiate addicts can take for pain relief, but it’s use must be very limited. Also never expect any drug to remove all pain. It is impossible at this point.

Those people who misunderstand addiction as a psychological trauma don’t get that it’s actually a genetic, brain chemistry/metabolism issue of triggering inappropriately your pleasure-reward system via Neurotransmitters (such as dopamine which is often triggered by certain substances for different people i.e. alcohol, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, benzodiazepines, etc.)

RE addiction: If it’s you, or someone you know - I have a good friend Dr. Kyle Oh who has written a very good book on this topic (Inexpensive, easy to read, very simple to understand) and is easily available on Amazon. If you can’t afford a copy I’ll buy it for you-just ping me off-line via PM.

Why Can't Johnny Just Quit?: A Common Sense Guide to Understanding Addiction

Amazon product ASIN B00L323PME———————————————————
Best regards to Cliff’s recovery!

Last edited:
Best wishes Cliff. On the bright side, going through a metal detector will be more interesting from now on.

Best of luck, Cliff. I hope the surgery and recovery goes smoothly, and brings you relief!

Good luck Cliff!!!!!!!!!

For everyone else, hunching over front panel or head banging at gig...is best done in moderation.

No collars now. They're putting a metal plate and four screws in my neck to hold everything together while the bones fuse.
Oh. Wait until you tell the kids you’re bionic! They’ll get a kick out of it. Especially if magnets stick to your robot parts. :)

Wishing you a speedy and uneventful recovery!

Hope it goes well and your recovery is if anything a painless and enjoyable one Cliff!

Don’t be having any epiphanies in the theatre, you might damage their hospital equipment!

Prayers and wishes your way!

Back
Top Bottom