Best Wishes For Cliff on His Upcoming Spinal Surgery!

bradlake

Axe-Master
IMO ,it should be known to all forum members that the guy singly responsible for literally all the hardware , firmware and related epiphanies of these products is about to go in for a somewhat major surgical procedure with a fairly lengthy recouperation time.. It would be my suggestion to cut a bunch of slack to the company in general AND CLIFF IN PARTICULAR for the next couple months or so, and expect and ask/wish for nothing...except for an easy and complete recovery for the man without whom none of this would exist..

Yup, i feel his pain literally, had same one done, and the next one done a year later. Neck pain is terrible, easy to get hooked on pain meds. Recovery is not that bad, just uncomfortable, just that stupid collar you cannot take off for 2 months. Have to sleep on your back, cant lift anything over a few pounds. One thing I did afterward was get monitor stands that got the monitors up to eye level, really helps take stress off the neck.

Here's to a speedy recovery.

Best wishes Cliff! I've struggled with bulging disks and neck issues mostly in C5/C6 area for a long time. Praying all goes well for you!

Had back surgery (disc repair) around 20 years ago. Surgery was rather quick (a few hours), recovery over a month.
I woke up after surgery with less pain (having nothing to do with the medication) than I had been for months. One of the best decisions of my life.
I had no trouble with getting off the pain meds. I couldn't get off them fast enough. Between the constipation and the nausea, I couldn't see what people like about them. Also, I'd be sitting in front of the TV and blink, and when I opened my eyes, hours would have gone past, the sun would have set (or risen) and it would be a totally different show on. They did help with the pain but I wasn't always sure if it was worth it.
Anyway, Good Luck Cliff. See you back here soon but Don't Rush It. We will be here when you get back.

In short, we're all thinking of you and look forward to your return.
Thanks (really)
Pauly

Best wishes boss! Take all the time you need to recover since we already have everything that we wish for... (at least till your next epiphany ;) )

Yup, i feel his pain literally, had same one done, and the next one done a year later. Neck pain is terrible, easy to get hooked on pain meds. Recovery is not that bad, just uncomfortable, just that stupid collar you cannot take off for 2 months. Have to sleep on your back, cant lift anything over a few pounds. One thing I did afterward was get monitor stands that got the monitors up to eye level, really helps take stress off the neck.

Here's to a speedy recovery.

No collars now. They're putting a metal plate and four screws in my neck to hold everything together while the bones fuse.

Wow.
Hope it all goes well and you have a speedy recovery.
I've got some disk issues with the vertebrae in my neck too, which causes Carpal Tunnel-like symptoms in my right hand and arm.
Been living with it for decades now.
But I finally decided to get more pro-active about it and just had some tests done including an MRI.
The technician's description of my neck disks was unnerving and I don't appear to be a candidate for surgery anytime soon unless, I suppose, it gets quite a bit worse in which case they/we might consider it.
Any type of spinal surgery is a big deal.
Doing a new round of physiotherapy which is supposed to have a good chance of alleviating my symptoms, but hasn't been very effective yet.
Be well.

No collars now. They're putting a metal plate and four screws in my neck to hold everything together while the bones fuse.

I have the same plate... the first surgery they did the 4 screws, then on the second, they removed the 4 screw and swapped in a 6 screw, kind of like EVH's early wolfgangs lol. I still had to wear the soft collar for almost 2 months, It doesnt do much but remind you you have to heal. My wife had same surgery, and she had the hard collar (talk about awful).

@FractalAudio - Cliff, best wishes for a successful surgery and speedy recovery. As others have said, do whatever you need to heal... that's way more important than anything else!

This thread has reminded me of the importance of this man and his contributions to guitar players around the world.
Clif, best of luck...please take good care or your self.

Back
Top Bottom