Best way to switch between effects on expression pedals

REDD

Fractal Fanatic
I have a couple Mission pedals on my Axe FxIII hooked to my FC-12 with one on each side of my board and both are set to it's own wah block so I can have the right one while I sing and the left one when I solo using my right foot. I have a button on my FC-12 for a whammy pedal but I want to change my right mission pedal from wah to whammy when I hit the FC button. I thought I could just use channel B on the wah block and turn off the auto engage and do the same with the whammy by having it engage with the B block and not having it engaged the rest of the time on the A block but it won't save that way per scene. Is there another way or something simple I'm missing?

Last edited:
Depending on how your signal is routed you could have your pitch block in one row (lets say row 2 for sake of argument), your wah in another (lets say row 3), and then have a MUX with a Control Switch modifier attached to the row knob where the "Min" is row 3 (wah row), and Max is row 2 (whammy row).

If you need your wah and whammy in different parts of the signal chain, you'll have to do something where the control switch sets the mix knob on the whammy to 100% when engaged, and 0% when not, and then basically the reverse for the wah block, however the wah doesn't have a mix knob, so you'd have do a parallel row with two volume blocks (or a mixer block)... basically you'd want to turn down the wah row when control switch is active, and turn up an unaffected row, and then do the inverse when the control switch is off...

Here's some quicky examples of all three (assuming you have a button on your FC assigned to "Control Switch 1")

Attachments

• mixer_example.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 6
  • multiplexer_example.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 4
  • volume_example.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 4
Depending on how your signal is routed you could have your pitch block in one row (lets say row 2 for sake of argument), your wah in another (lets say row 3), and then have a MUX with a Control Switch modifier attached to the row knob where the "Min" is row 3 (wah row), and Max is row 2 (whammy row).

If you need your wah and whammy in different parts of the signal chain, you'll have to do something where the control switch sets the mix knob on the whammy to 100% when engaged, and 0% when not, and then basically the reverse for the wah block, however the wah doesn't have a mix knob, so you'd have do a parallel row with two volume blocks (or a mixer block)... basically you'd want to turn down the wah row when control switch is active, and turn up an unaffected row, and then do the inverse when the control switch is off...

Here's some quicky examples of all three (assuming you have a button on your FC assigned to "Control Switch 1")
Thanks very much, I'll give these a try.

Back
Top Bottom